End Of Eigth Grade

It's been two months since Jacob and Kayla have been dating. I kind of just gave up. I started liking someone else though. His name was Matthew. He was so cute! I'm pretty sure he liked me back because he sometimes seemed like he was flirting. We decided to meet at the local smoothie shop to hang out.

"Hey." I said and we hugged.

"Glad you could make it." He said. "After you m'lady."

This made me blush. We started talking and got our smoothies. We were having a blast and then Jacob and Kayla walked in. I ignored them because right now, Matthew was my priority.
Later on he asked me to be his girlfriend! I was so ecstatic! I was finally with a guy I liked. We went to a movie and he put his arm around me. We walked home because we lived in a small town so everything was really close. We got home at 9 o' clock. I kissed his cheek and went inside. I had butterflies in my stomach. I was so happy. I haven't been this happy in a while. I went up to my room and I heard my phone buzz.

J: So you and Matthew?
S: Yup. Asked me out at the smoothie shop.
J: Good for you. We need to double date sometime.
S: Yeah. That'd be nice. :)

I texted Matthew and told him I had a really nice time and that I would see him tomorrow.

Sadly, I didn't have any classes with Matthew so we sat together at lunch. I didn't really sit with Jacob anymore because of...reasons. We went on two dates in the past two weeks. Jacob asked Matthew if he wanted to double date and we agreed that we would. Kayla didn't seem to happy about this. We got to the burger place and sat down. I personally did not like it. It was not because of Jacob though. I feel like Kayla was just staring at me and giving me a dirty eye. And I was also uncomfortable because Jacob showed affection and Matthew showed affection and it was like a competition. Afterwards Jacob walked Kayla home and Matthew walked me home. I didn't tell him that I had a bad time. But when we got to my house it was perfect. We had our first real kiss. It was really nice. We decided to hang out the next day and we may have kissed a few times. And by a few I mean a lot. (Hey, I know this story is about Jacob, we'll get there) I was kind of wishing that Jacob did see us kiss because I wanted to make him jealous. What? A girl can't get a little revenge?

Matthew and I were really pulling it off. I was walking home one day and Jacob wasn't with Kayla. That was a change.

"Hey, why isn't Kayla walking with you?" I asked

"Oh, she went out of town for the week."

"Oh, ok."

"Why did you want to know?" He said with a smirk.

"For your information, it was unusual because she always comes to your house after school with you." I replied.

"Suuuurrrrreeee." He said sarcastically.

"Well Matthew's coming over later if you want to hang out." I offered.

"Nah, I'll just be third wheeling and I don't roll like that."