30. Built for this

We all sat around the table talking and laughing but me. My dad didn't say anything to me since he found out I'm getting married. I didn't want him to find out, I wanted to tell him. I looked as Logan just ate his food in silence. He sat next to me at the end of the table while dad was at the other end. I kicked his foot but he didn't look up at me.

I kicked him again but he just bit into his sandwich again. I hit him harder and he look at me annoyed. Before I could talk he went back to his food again.

"Logan?" I whispered.

"What?" He said still not looking at me.

"You should talk to my dad." I said touching his arm.

"Okay after I eat I'll talk to him." He said looking at me.

I gave him the saddest look I could give and he rolled his eyes.

"So Mr.Grundy, Violet tells me you work with computers." Logan said and everyone quite down.

"Yeah." My dad said bitting his food.

"What do you do with them?" Logan said looking at him.

"Nothing much." My dad was getting annoyed with him.

"Logan maybe just try later, he's not...." Logan put his hand up stopping me.

"Me and Violet are getting married." Logan said to him.

The table all cheered but him, he just looked at me.

"I see, Violet you're marrying the guy I saw you crying about for 4 months." He looked back to his food.

"Dad." I said.

He looked at me then to Mia who looked pissed off.

"Dad what?" He said looking at me.

"I can understand why you're upset but I love your daughter. That's why I'm marrying her." Logan said drinking his tea.

"Logan, you seem like a very nice boy." Mia said touching his shoulder.

Logan smiled at her then to me.

"I done eating." My dad said leaving the table.

I felt bad that he found out this way. I knew he was going to take it hard but not like this. Mia looked at me then smiled I returned it.

After two more hours of my dad not looking or talking to me we left. I sat next to Logan in the car thinking about him and me. We have been through so much that I feel like most of the stuff was my fault. Some of our fights, arguments, brake ups, and other people all of those are my fault. I looked back seeing Leanna and David sleep.

"Logan I love you." I said making sure he knew it.

"Dear, I know that. I can see that you're having a problem right now so we are going to drop those to off." he said softly rubbing my thigh.

I put my hand over his making him rub my thigh faster. I liked that he was touching me it made me feel better. After a little we dropped off the pair and he drove off not telling me where we are going. The sun was setting and we only listened to the radio.

After about a 20 minutes I pushed my seat my back. I looked at him but he kept his eyes on the road.

"Hey." I said to him trying to grab his attention.

He quickly glanced at me then back to the road.

"Yeah?" He said smiling at the road.

I touched his shoulder lowly moving down his arm. I softly tugged at it making him release the will. I hugged at his hand finding comfort in him. His smiled turned warm letting me know he felt the same. I love him so much but George and my dad made things complicated. Do I risk Logan's safety for love? Or do I lose my only father for a guy?