Chapter Eight

Thinking about how scared I was about Judy catching me walk in until a knock on the door stopped my train of thought. "Open up dear! It's mrs. Hagerdy!"

I walked over twords the door an opened it. An old woman with her silver hair in a bun with scrunched up eyes smiled up at me. She had a pair of dark denim jeans in her hands and a blue T. She handed them to me and told me I could come down after I had changed.

Once I had changed I went downstairs to meet Alexander in the kitchen scraping two omelets off the black non-stick skillet putting them in two separate plates. He put one on the bar in front of me and the other in front of him on the island.

I looked at him strangely, "uh can I have a pop tart or something?"

He looks at me like I offended him even though I didn't mean to. I frown. "No. I don't buy that stuff, I have my maids cook for me or I go out to eat. I cooked this omelet myself for us so eat."

I look down at the food and took a bite. "I wasn't trying to be rude, Alexander."

He just shrugged but never looked at me. I ate it halfway through but didn't want to finish. He looked irritated with me and my chest ached. "I'm sorry! I just don't eat much. I can't make myself eat it, I'm sorry."

"You have anotexia?"

"What? No! God, no! I just don't eat much."

He just shrugged as he ate the last few bites of his omelet. "Lets get you home, huh?"

I nodded kind of regretting leaving and walking in the front door of my foster home.