Chapter Eight

Nadine's POV

Me and Kath both looked at each other when Dad stood up and walked away... or should I say, nag walk out?

Mom gave us a small smile like she's saying that it's just okay. I shooked my head and sighed heavily. It's not okay. The emotions in our mother's eyes is saying it all. She's hurt. Very hurt.

"Just don't mind our Dad, Mom. Baka he have his monthly period kaya he's grumpy." Kath said, breaking the awkward silence that me and our Mom chuckled
"I understand your father, Kath. It's just that-- he's still uncomfortable to talk with me... like nothing happened." Mom answered with a thin smile. Ang sakit naman. Bakit kasi nahantong sa ganito ang masaya naming pamilya? Naging cold na.

I held her hand and said...

"Kapit lang, Ma, sabi pa sa kanta nila Daddy, Ninong Teddy and Jugs diba? The time will come that he will have his strength to talk to you na." I said as I flashed a comforting smile

"Absolutely! He's still inlove with you, Mom. I can still feel it. Nasaktan lang talaga sya that's why, he is treating you like nobody and interacting to you as cold as ice." Kath second demotion

"Yas! And don't pressure yourself too much. This is just our first day, your first day in the Philippines. You still have 3 weeks to talk, mapaamo and to say sorry to him, to our Dad." I winked
"Woah! So almost a month pala kayo magstastay dito, Ate Nadz?!" Kath gasped. I nodded and smiled

"Oo nga. You're both correct! Hindi ko kailangan magmadali at masyadong idiin ang sarili ko sa Daddy nyo. One step at a time kumbaga. Thank you for all the advice, My babies." Mommy said, tear-eyed and motioned us na yakapin namin sya. Me and Kath immediately answered it in warm and tight hug

Our mother-daughter moment was cut when the waiter started to serve the food kaya we got back to our seats already at umayos nang upo. After a minute, Dad came back from the bathroom with a blank expression on his face. Tsk. He sat right next to me and eat his meal silently. Me and Kath giving a signal to each other to open a topic at para maka-imik si Daddy pero we just failed kasi bago pa nya matapos ang food nya ay nagpaalam na sya because he's already late na daw sa comeback GGV Taping nya. Mom nodded as an permission na pwede ng umalis si Daddy. He stood up then medyo nagbend down to give me a kiss on the top of my head and he did the same to Kath while he just gave Mom a nod at umalis na. I sighed because of that.

I need to do something to get my old Dad back. Yung masayahin, full of wit and hirits, jolly, palangiti at parang walang dinadamdam na problema. Second, I need also do something para maibalik ang unkabogable relationship ng parents ko. Lastly, to bind our family back together. I should make a plan to get that. Oh, It's not should. I MUST. And I-- I came back from the reality when Mommy called my attention.

"Are you okay? Kanina ka pa kinakausap ni Kath but she's got nothing in response from you." Mommy asked with a hint of tone na nag-aalala

"I'm okay lang po." I smiled and looked at Kath to give her a signal that I have something on my mind. She looked at me confuse, hindi nya siguro na-gets. Hahahaha! I just gave her a big grin and mouthed 'later'.

And back to the topic. I must compose a plan to achieve that and I need accompany. Sino pa ba magtutulungan? Kami ni Kath, syempre. We must to do this to bring back our parents together and the full of joy and goodvibes na family namin. ;)

Kath's POV

Ate Nadz and Mom gave me their phone numbers before biding goodbye.

I just took a taxi kasi Dad left me and I don't want to bother our driver Mang Kael.
It's safe lang naman na sumakay ako ng taxi kasi porket I'm the daughter of the unkabogable loveteam eh well known na din ako. Hindi naman ako artista and sikat like my parents.

I was listening music thru my earphones when it stopped kaya I immediately get my phone from my sling bag and saw my twin's picture on my phone screen. Ate Nadine is calling me pala. Before matapos ang tawag ay sinagot ko na.

"Hello, Ate Nadz?"

"Baby Kath! I have a plan." She squeaked on the other line that made me chuckle a little bit

"For what?" I asked
"For our parents. I'll tell you the whole details later at our sleep over." I can feel she's grining on the other line. Pero wait. Sleep over? 

"Po? Sleep over? Where?" I asked as I bitting my nails

"Here. Mommy's condo. I'll send you the address and exact location after this phonecall. Okay?"
"But how about Dad?" I'm sure Daddy won't let me to do a sleep over sa condo ni Mommy. Lalo na sa status nila ngayon.

"Gawan mo ng paraan, Baby Kath. You have a great mind kaya makakapag isip ka agad ng pang excuse."

"Ugh! Alright. Gagawa nalang ako ng paraan. Pray for me, Ate Nadz ha?" I answered, holding my laugh

"Sure. Sure! I'll pray for u. You'll take care papunta dito mamaya ha? Love you,  Baby sister! Mwa"

"Love you more, Ate Nadz! Mwa" I answered before hanging up

Think, think, think, Kath. You have the facial features of your Mom so you have the mind of your Dad. He's a pro sa mga palusot and pagkawitty. Hmm. 

After I pay the bill for my taxi ride, I got out from inside na and still thinking a best way para maka-sleep over ako kila Mommy.

I unlocked our house and pasalampak na humiga sa couch as I looked up at the ceiling. Ano ba kasi? Hmmm. May person ba that can help me to my Dad? And if meron, who kaya? H-- Aha! I know a person na pinakaclose kay Daddy. ;)

Agad akong umupo ng maayos sa sofa then grabbed my phone from the sling back while smiling from ear to ear as I search the name in my contacts. Nung nakita ko na ang name nya ay agad kong clinick yun and it's ringing. Gosh!!! I hope papayag sya! He's the only key para makalusot kay Daddy. 

-

Sinetch itech? =)
Twitter; APPEALINGVICE