☆☾7☽☆ Stay by your side

Clint had just finished his combat training and was retiring to the lounge when his phone rang.

"Hey Jerome, what's up?"

"Hello Clint. It's her time of the month again and Ms Natasha is having terrible cramps. She can't get out of bed, can you come over?"

"Where's Rosa? She usually takes care of that."

"Her sister has been admitted to hospital and she has taken a few days off to visit her. I don't know what to do, Clint." Jerome spoke nervously on he other end of the line.

"I'll be right over." Clint decided, for Director Fury had given him the rest of the day off for performing up to standard in his training.

He grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge and turned to head back to his dorm to shower and change.

While taking a gulp of water, Agent Morse came up to him.

"Hey Clint, I heard you've got the rest of the day off, me too actually. Want to go grab a bite together?"

"Sorry Bobbi, I've got something important to attend to." And by something important, he meant his girlfriend.

Agent Morse looked a tad bit disappointed but nodded and continued down the hallway.

After showering and changing, Clint set off for Natasha's house in his S.H.I.E.L.D motorbike, stopping by the supermarket on the way to purchase some items.

When Clint pressed the doorbell, he didn't have to wait long before Jerome flung open the door. He looked relieved upon seeing Clint.

"It's really bad, she won't even talk to me." Jerome explained as he accompanied Clint up the steps to Natasha's room.

At the door, Clint handed Jerome the heat pack he had just bought.

"Jerome, could you warm this up and bring up a glass of water?"

"Sure." Was all he said before he hurried downstairs to the kitchen.

Clint walked into the bedroom and saw Natasha curled up on the bed in a fetus position, her arms wrapped around her abdomen.

He walked up to the bed and crouched down in front of her. She looked pale and on the brink of tears. Cold sweat glistened on her forehead.

"Go away." Natasha croaked softly when she saw Clint.

"I'm here to help, Sweetheart." He replied affectionately and ran a hand through her hair.

"Jerome's coming up soon with a heat pack and some water for you to take the painkillers."

Natasha didn't reply, but closed her eyes and bit her lip as another wave of pain hit her.

Clint felt his heart break on seeing her in so much pain and yet he couldn't do anything about it.

Just then, Jerome barged into the room with the heat pack and water.

Clint helped Natasha sit up so she could eat her medicine and she whimpered in pain.

"Just bear with it for a while, Sweetheart, you'll feel better after taking the painkillers." He soothed and caressed her cheek.

Clint sat next to Natasha and let her rest her head in the crook of his shoulder while he fed her the medicine and water.

Then Jerome handed Clint the heat pack. He placed it gently on her abdomen and held it there, pulling her into a one-arm hug. He kissed her forehead and allowed the heat to bring her comfort.

Jerome left the two of them alone.

"I know I'll never understand your pain, Sweetheart, but I promise to share it with you, stay by your side through it." Clint whispered sweet nothings into Natasha's ear while she buried her head in his shoulder.

"I hate it, Clint. I hate it so much." She sobbed.

"I know, I know." He soothed, and kissed her forehead tenderly.

Clint took her clenched fist in his large hand and his touch made her relax a little.

Slowly, her breathing became less ragged as the pain subsided, and she melted into his embrace, her eyes gently closing.

Clint lay Natasha down on the bed and cradled her to sleep, finally a restful slumber for her.

Natasha opened her eyes once and kissed his chin.

"Thank you for being here. I love you so much, Clint." She whispered.

Clint gave her a kiss on the lips.

"Like I'll always say, I love you more."

---------------------------------------------

That night after some takeaway dinner that Jerome had gone to get , Clint got up to leave.

He didn't want to though, he wished he could stay the night, but he had to train some new recruits early the next morning and he couldn't be late for that.

"Bye." Natasha kissed him on the cheek while holding the door open.

Clint cradled her face in his hands.

"One day we won't have to say goodbye, only goodnight." Clint said, reluctance and longing in his eyes.

"Then I can't wait for that day to come." Natasha smiled warmly.

🌿⚓️🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸⚓️🌿
Thanks for reading! Do vote and comment! Stay awesome xx

Who wouldn't want a sweet, understanding, caring and loving boyfriend when one is having killer period cramps?