Chapter 9

|9|

•Charlotte•

"You took more than two hours to make a cake?" Lizzie asked as she parked her car in the parking lot for the mall. 

Yesterday was a bizarre day. I had spent hours with Ramon Vitali without melting in a puddle or wanting to kill him. He was nice, all of his friends were. They offered me food but I politely declined and texted Lizzie to come and pick me up. Calvin had walked me out of the door saying he had to talk to Lizzie. He didn't talk to her. He smiled and said hi with a little wave. 

"Yes. So I told him yesterday that I would get the baking part done but he would sort out the decorations. He actually did well when I asked him to make the roses." I chuckled to myself as we got out of the car. She locked her door and we walked towards the mall. 

"Who would have thought, huh? A day would come where you would see Ramon making roses out of fondant." She laughed to herself. "The cake did taste amazing though."

I smiled as we walked into the mall, the heat pushed out by the fans on the walls. It was a really hot day today, the sun burning our backs as we headed to the elevators. 

Lizzie wanted to shop. Her mom had given her money to buy a whole new look for herself for looking after Daniel but she also had to buy Daniel a toy as well. She had come knocking on my door, just before lunch as I was in the kitchen making it, and demanded that I go shopping with her. I told her I didn't need anything and she said I could window shop. I agreed and wanted to go out. I took some cash out from my secret stash and joined her after giving lunch to Mary and my dad. 

"I'm thinking we can get you a nice dress to wear tomorrow to school. Let's look hot." Lizzie said as we stood in the empty elevator and the doors closed, taking us to the top floor. 

"You already look hot." I said to her and she shook her head, facing me. 

"We want to look hot. Drop dead gorgeous and just sexy and stunning but not like a hoe but still smoking hot." She said excitedly as the doors opened and she pulled me out of the elevator. 

I followed her with a smile on her face. Her anxiety wasn't overwhelming her and I loved it. She was happy and she looked happy. 

"Okay but I don't want anything colourful. I want a black dress." I told her as we walked into the first store. 

"Deal." She grinned as she walked to a rack full of black dresses. Just perfect. "Do we want a low back? Or something that says hey bitch, I'm a nun but a hoe in the bed?" 

I laughed at her as she pulled out two dresses. "Definitely the nun one." I pointed to the black skater dress. It was a short dress, with sleeves reaching the elbow. A high neckline which was perfect. The only problem was that it would reach my thighs, showing my legs. 

"You'll have to shave your legs for this dress." She held it out to me as I held it in my hand. "Do we want boots or heels?" 

"Are we making every guy drop to his knees tomorrow?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. 

"Just Ramon for you. I think Calvin is whipped." She blushed a little and I grinned at her. 

"He definitely is. Also I think purple is his favourite colour on you. I might have asked.." I pretended to look somewhere else and tried not to smile as she walked towards me.