Chapter 33

|33|

•Charlotte•

A loud shrilling sound filled the hallways of school at lunch. The principal coughed in the intercom which echoed through the hallway as everyone listened.

"I would like to let you all know that the school council has organised a ball for charity. Every ticket you buy for the ball, will be given to a cancer charity. Please invite your friends and families since the school is funding a lot for this." He mumbled the ending as if he really didn't want to do this. "It has been organised for the next couple of days so find yourself a partner and come and dance your heart out for charity." He stated before it went radio silence.

"A ball?" Lizzie asked besides me. "I think we should go shopping. Buy a beautiful gown and look sexy." She said as I saw ideas burning in her mind.

I shrugged my shoulders. Anything to stay out of the house.

I noticed him. He was walking towards me, with his friends behind him, a grin on his face as he then jogged towards me in the hallway. "Hey." He stretched out his arm and held my hand.

"Hi." I smiled at him as he lifted our hands up and kissed the back of my hand. I loved it.

"Will you be my partner at the ball?" He asked with a raised eyebrow and I nodded. I would be at peace with him. Not a single thought could wander in my mind when I am with him.

"We're going to buy dresses after school and then you guys can match them." Lizzie said besides me as Calvin wrapped an arm around her shoulder and leaned down to kiss her. Alex wrapped an arm around Josh but immediately let go as we spotted Riley walking past. He waved at her as she smiled at him. Ramon whacked him on the back of his head.

"We're going to have a girl's night today so no disturbing us." Lizzie pointed her finger at the boys and they all nodded as she grabbed my hand away from Ramon and pulled me away from them. Ramon waved at me and I smiled before turning to Lizzie and following her.

Ramon had won yesterday. Something had awoken inside of when I saw him completely focused on the fight. There was something beautiful about the way his arms moved and he bounced on his toes, taunting the man in front of him. I watched him for his weakness, the same ones that Ramon picked up on, like the way the man took a step before he punched. It was easy to uppercut him and knock him out which was exactly what Ramon did.

Every girl stared at him as he walked off out of the ring completely shirtless, not a drop of sweat on his body and he walked towards me with a simple question. When will that maybe turn to yes?

I had laughed as he got changed. He didn't take the money off Joe and walked out of the gym with me. We walked to my house and I gave him the money for the apartment once I signed the papers. I could move in any day I wanted too.

Lizzie was going to help me tomorrow to move all the boxes into the apartment. I had a lot of stuff to do but it kept me busy and kept me moving which I wanted.

I walked into my maths class and sat down at the back with Lizzie. I needed today to end so we could shop, to do anything.

***

The mall was busy today. I noticed a lot of girls from our school, walking inside shops quickly to find themselves a dress for the not-going-to-call-it -prom-but-it -was-prom.