Chapter 36

|36|

•Charlotte•

I felt a touch on my face. Someone dragged a finger down my cheek and instantly my eyes opened, a glare fixated in them. 

It seemed like only minutes had gone by as I saw Logan. He was standing in front of me, a little bent to my eye level since they had tied me to a chair. I could see his men standing around in the room from the corner of my eye.

"If you've got any balls, you'll untie me and fight me." I hissed at him as I tried to pull my arms out of the rope that was tied around my body.

Logan chuckled as he stood up. "Why would I want to fight you?" 

"To kill me." I glared up at him as if it was common sense why I was tied here. 

"Little lightning girl," he lowered down to me again. "That is the rule of a man who wants to run an underworld empire. Kill or be killed." He smirked at me. "Lucky for you, I don't want to be killed." 

I knew what he wanted. 

"You're not man enough to fight me, who says you can run an empire that isn't yours?"  

He glared at me. "Careful." He warned. "I might be tempted enough to show you how much of a man I am." I felt his hand on my thigh and I shook my leg, getting rid of his touch. He pulled his hand away and I could see that drop of fear. 

He wouldn't dare cross that line. Not in fear of what Ramon would do, but in fear of how much I would rip him apart the second I was free. 

"That empire that your boyfriend got, was supposed to be for me or Kyong. That bastard is driven by loyalty. He wouldn't dare retaliate, so I had to." He chuckled as he stood up straight. "You have to fight for what you want. This is me fighting. Ramon is going to come for you." 

"Your big plan is to kill him and then take over his world? What makes you think it's that easy?" I asked, confusion clear in my voice. I wanted him to carry on talking, to not stop. "Where do I come in all this?" 

I watched Logan as he took a step back and sat down on the chair opposite me. A part of me found this ironic that we sat in the room where my dad died. I would kill him right here, let his blood drip on the ground and let it wipe away every bad memory in this house.. 

"You're my little lightning girl. I thought if you were on my side, you could twist your way into Ramon's life and kill him once you were close enough." 

"You killed my dad. What makes you think I would have joined your little gang?" I scoffed at him. 

Logan chuckled. "That's the thing about you, Charlotte. You're stubborn. You forced me to kill him. It was never part of the plan but you pushed my hand."

"I didn't do that." I shook my head at him." You took every opportunity from us, Logan. You had your men watch me. You sent Cameron to my sc-"

"Oh yes." He interrupted me. "Where is that little snitch? Did Ramon kill him? He does like playing the big bad wolf." Logan questioned a curious look in his eyes. 

"You killed Cameron's sister. You killed my dad. You're a monster, Logan. There is nothing that you can do anymore to hurt me." I told him, as I tried to pull myself out of the ropes.