Chapter 20

|20|

•Charlotte•

"Yesterday was so boring without you." Lizzie wrapped an arm around mine as we walked into the school. I chuckled as I noticed Ramon standing besides my locker. 

Lizzie leaned closer to me. "He was asking about you non stop yesterday. I didn't tell him what yesterday was." She said to me as we walked towards my locker. 

Ramon pushed himself away from my locker, watching every step I took towards him, a smile on his face. "Hey." I said to him as I pulled my arm away from Lizzie who stood besides Calvin and the others and talked to them about how boring her next class was. History

"Ciao amore." Ramon moved close to me as I opened my locker and stuffed my maths books inside. I didn't want to carry them. "You didn't come yesterday to school." He pointed out, raising an eyebrow. "You look completely fine to me." He ran his gaze over my body. 

"Grow a vagina and bleed every month, Ramon and then tell me I look completely fine." I smiled up at him as he laughed. The others looked at him confused as I closed my locker. 

"This was what I missed yesterday." He grinned at me as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder. "Let me walk you to your class." 

"My legs work perfectly fine." I said to him, allowing him to keep his arm on my shoulder as he held onto my bag and walked me upstairs to my next class which was History. Lizzie and the others followed us. 

"I can see that." He smirked at me, glancing at my bare legs. I was wearing a dress today. It was a dark burgundy dress that I paired with a black jacket. I was wearing a pair of gold hoops. 

Shaking my head at him, I pulled his arm away. "Glad to know your eyesight works." I grabbed my bag off him as he chuckled at me. 

He seemed to be in a happy mood as I headed towards my history class and he watched me with a  big smile on his face. 

"We can meet at my place today, to finish this project." He called out to me as Lizzie walked towards me. Her back was facing him and she wiggled her eyebrows at me. 

"Tired of me already, Ramon?" I smirked at him as I ignored the people staring at us. 

"Not at all, amore. Not at all." He grinned, not able to keep the smile off his face. "I'll see you after school." He said as I nodded and walked into history class. 

I smiled to myself as I headed towards my seat, Lizzie trying so hard not to laugh. "Don't even start." I pointed to her and she nodded sitting besides me, giving me those knowing looks. 

I might have missed annoying him. 

***

I couldn't keep the smile off my face as I walked out of the school with Lizzie. Today had been a fun day, and lunch was overwhelming when the boys came to sit near us. It felt like they were a constant part of our friend group. I had noticed how a lot more people started eating outside, along with Tiffany and her friends. 

Ramon had shown me the essay he had written and it was worded beautifully with a hint of simplicity. It was just below the thousand mark and he had printed it out as well. I had one copy just in case I wanted to change anything he had told me.