Chapter 31

|31|

•Charlotte•

A bright light flashed on me. I groaned as I opened my eyes to see Lizzie standing on the bed with a camera that was not hers in her hands.

I covered my face with my hand as she cursed at the flash. "What are you doing?" I mumbled, turning around to stuff my face in the pillow. 

There was no pillow. It was Ramon besides me who was wide awake as he smiled down at me. I pulled myself away from him, apologising as I quickly sat up. 

Alex and Josh were laying on the ground, sleeping besides the computer with Calvin sitting on the chair, chuckling at Lizzie who quickly climbed off the bed and walked towards him. 

"You seemed tired so I didn't want to wake you up." Ramon said as he yawned and stretched his arms out before looking at me. 

"I didn't realise I fell asleep." I told him, pushing my hair back and glancing at the clock on his wall. 

It was six in the morning. The sun was barely shining through the room as Lizzie said my name. "I think we should go back. My mom thinks I'm at your house." She chuckled and I nodded as I climbed off the bed, a little shock that I had fallen asleep. 

I wore my shoes as did Ramon. "I'll drive you." He said as I glanced at Lizzie who kissed Calvin on the cheek before wearing her shoes. 

Ramon opened the front door for us as I picked up my jacket and my phone before following them out of the room. I waved goodbye at Calvin who was the only one awake before walking down the stairs. 

There were men walking into the living room with files in their hands. Ramon said something to them in Italian and they nodded as he opened the front door for us. I could feel their eyes on me as I walked out of the room. 

There was one clear thought in my mind as I sat inside the car. 

I wanted that apartment. I wanted peace. 

"I'll get you guys some breakfast as well since you didn't eat last night." Ramon glanced at me as he started to drive out of the gate which opened up for him. 

"I would like that apartment." I said to him and Lizzie squealed behind me, excitedly clapping her hands. 

"Tell me when you're ready to move in and I'll get the papers ready for you." He said with a grin on his face as he drummed his fingers on the wheel. 

"As soon as possible. I want to know the cost of everything." I told him and he nodded saying Si

"Whatever you want, amore." He replied as Lizzie said we should go home and start packing. 

I agreed. 

***

It was finally Monday and another school day. Sunday, Lizzie and I spent it packing everything up and taking all the rubbish to waste sites. My stuff was all up in boxes and Mary called me over for dinner which I had with her and Drew who talked about life in the army. 

Ramon had bought the papers for me to sign and said whenever I signed them, I could bring it back to him and he would give me the keys to the place.