Wonders...

S H I R O K A N E K I
( AU VERSION, human Kaneki )

"(Y/N)..." He whispered quietly in your ear, leaving the sweet sensation of his breath lingering on your pale white skin. You sat there, in front of the bonfire with the white haired boys arms wrapped around your fragile body.

Kaneki was like a washed up ghost - an old photograph that has never been touched for too long. He has a sharp, defined jawline with a steep cheek bone. His misty gray eyes were narrow yet delicate, masking the truth about his horrors. Kaneki is a tall, slender boy - it was like he was a ghost, something that's translucent and forgotten. He was a work of wonders.

The sound of soothing waves crashed against the rocks as the the birds tweeted in the trees. It was ridiculous how you didn't feel the cold, everybody seems to wear more these past few days, including Kaneki.

"Hmm?" You hummed quietly, staring down at the sand, intertwining your fingers with his long ones.

It wasn't always the best for you - you always had ups and down and often, you were too caught up with situations that weren't even involved with you. It's not that you barge into the situations, its where the situations come and barge into your life. It made you feel abundant, empty and lost - it was a complete maze for you. But, these moments, the glorious moments with Kaneki were your favorites. It's where you can lie on his chest and watch him sleep peacefully as you played with his hair and forget about the meaningless thoughts that didn't matter ever.

"Have you wondered..." He whispered elegantly, pressing his chapped lips behinds your ear. Biting your lip, you inhaled deeply and nodded.

"What it'd be like to be free of this world? To explore the mysteries that the unknown has left us?" He murmured like a lullaby.

Nothing but silence consumed us entirely, we just stopped and thought about the wondrous ideas of being 'free' and 'curious'.

( for my lovely readers,

I have been thinking about leaving this book and finishing it just here. I don't have much ideas, and I've been bored of it. If I haven't uploaded another chapter of it, this will be the ending of it. Thank you so much for everyone's support and ideas! I'm so glad to have done this fanfic. )