Touka POV

Hey guys!! ITS BEEN AWHILE (⌯⌅⌄⌅) Happy New Year! I hope you guys are enjoying your short/long break - it's Summer break for me right now in NZ hehe. A couple of months back I wrote a creative writing piece for an assignment and base it off Touka running through the woods. Definity, not the best but... I really enjoyed writing this. ART IS NOT MINE.

Comment down any suggestions

Like if you want more

Now, time for the story:

She wandered through the crisp air, her feet trod on the ground. Tree branches pierced the wind that created crackles within the area. It was like firewood burning through a winter's night which echoed throughout the forest. She found a family of oak trees shivering together in the chattering echoes while the chilliness clocked around her. The small girl sniffled, twitching her pale pink nose while she stopped to stand there, silent, gasping for breath. Slowly, the glowing medallion shrunk down rapidly to the horizon that welcomed the crestfallen painting above her head, mirroring the melancholy she felt in her heart fuelled by hatred. Emotions crept on her, tiptoeing quietly to her heart as she twirled her fingers on the dewy grass.

Worms surfaced from the soil as it was too damp for them to breathe. The rain trickled down the lush grass while the droplets paused, just before it sunk into the damp soil. Each droplet bought richness to each hue of colour; the browns deepened that bought a steadiness to the soul, something nature often does. The girl looked up, forming a small smile on her dainty coral lips as she let nature consume the tragic life she held burden to. The small birds were calling for another as different songs came from different trees. To visualize it, the rain would be replaced with petals that had different shades of spring, a kaleidoscope for the human soul.

A soft sigh escaped her mouth as if nothing had been resolved, leaving nothing but tension and anxiety running through the somber and inky skies. The girl sat down, wrapped her skeletal arms around her legs and hugged her knees tightly. Her soulless eyes became glazed with a glassy layer of tears as she shifted her knees closer to herself, tightly compacting herself into a small humanoid box. She was a slender girl, her hair was as dark as the moonless night and each strand of hair seemed to move freely in the open breeze.

Thunder uproared above the trees, threatening a downfall of heavy droplets; just like the tears she kept imprisoned. She was in need of an escape from her head and heart. That need to run away from the crushed light that was once a match to a comforting spark that only her brother could provide. Yet she was lost in the black void her love has trapped her in, with just a wither of light peeking through the abyss. That same man who reaped her life like a merciless grim which stripped the happiness out of her life with cinders and ash. That savaged creature who took everything she valued and tore it to shreds without a shriek of mercy. She would never be able to forgive him, a heartless monster with a mind clouded with haze and anger. The agony and torment would never stop until he was stopped.

"Why?" her lips sang the words through the silent abyss with the oak trees that surrounded her as the night crept in on her. She picked up her rabbit mask beside her and observed. The slender girl dug her nails on the side which created indents. Under the crestfallen paint over her hear mirrored her suffocated melancholy in silence. She was stuck in a confusing vortex. Living her life is not tragically beautiful, it was just tragic.