five- write a letter

Thing 3 - write a nice letter (try not to be obvious about the fact that you like him)

If you were in Luke's classroom you could see various types of students. On the front row were the smart ones, don't get me wrong because I am not calling them geeks or something like that, they are just the ones the teachers care about. On the second to fourth row were the average ones that could be easily distracted or lost all hope on the subject.

Luke was on the second row with his History books out. He was supposed to be doing exercises - at least the last time he payed attention they were soing exercises - but instead he was writing a letter for Ashton. Don't get him wrong, he studied what they were going to learn today so he could have more time to write the letter.

"Isn't that right Luke?"

The fourteen year old lifted his head up and looked at the teacher. He blushed when realising everyone was looking at him, especially Ashton who was on the other side of the classroom. Michael was beside him but he was sleeping (somehow he still managed to get A's).

"Um, I guess it is?" he said and some kids chuckled while others started whispering "I don't know madam, sorry, I wasn't paying attention."

"Yes I could see that." the teacher sighed "What is so important that you need to get your head out of the class?"

Luke looked in Ashton's direction an blushed when he saw the boy staring at him. Today he was wearing a light-blue sweater with a black skirt. He looked back at the teacher and smiled.

"A smile, ma'am."

The teacher was confused but didn't say anything more and just kept going with the lesson. Luke kept writing until he was finished, he poked Michael a few times when he snored.

(He still didn't know how it'd been 50 minutes and the teacher did not wake him up. This teacher was cruel for the fact that she wasn't giving them a break on the last day.)

"Timonthy, can stop texting Sasha while you're in class?"

"Miss, you have no proof that-"

"Oh, please, no one looks down at their croch and smiles."

***

"Now, you can do this, though guy."

Calum said while he violently massaged Luke's shoulder. Michael put the water bottle in Luke's mouth and forced him to drink it.

"This is your prize and this is what you have been training for your. whole. life." Michael said.

"Michael, I have been writing it since a week ago."

"For a fly that's a whole life!"

You see, Luke was going to talk to Ashton and give him the lettet. It looked quite nice, Luke drew random stuff on the back of it so it looked more chill and relaxed instead of the "will you marry me" type.

Ashton soon got out of the school building and was directing himself to the gate. Luke let go of his friends (who were cheering behind him) and ran to the other boy in hopes that if he did it fast then he wouldn't be embarassed so easily.

As closer as he got to Ashton he could see there was a bruise on his left eyebrow and his lip was cut. His eyes were red and his cheeks were red which means that he was crying.

"Ashton, wait! I need to-" Luke started but he couldn't make it to the end since he fell on top of Ashton.

I can't fucking believe this, Luke thought. He opened his eyes and looked at Ashton's bruised face, stopping to look at his hazel eyes. God, they were so beautiful, sometimes it turned green and other times it was brown. Luke just loved them.

"Your eyes are gorgeous." Luke breathed out and blushed, he got up and cleared his throat. Ashton did the same and smiled a bit. "I'm sorry I just- are you okay?"

"Thank you, I um th-think your ey-eyes are not that ba-ad too." He looked down in shame and Luke smiled. "And um, I'll be fine."

"Okay so I have this thing to give you and-" Luke looked at his hand but it wasn't there "Wait I have it around here I'm sure."

He took off his backpack and started searching on it but it wasn't there. It's the second time he embarassed himself in front of his crush already and that needs to stop happening. He heard a cough and a laugh behind him and there stood Michael with the letter on his hand.

"Here it is, fuckwad." He gave it to Luke, slapped the back of his head and walked away.

"Idiot." Luke scoffed and Ashton laughed, he sure did want to hear more of that "Here is the um, the letter. I gotta go, HSM is on in twenty minutes, BYE HAVE A NICE CHRISTMAS VACATION!"

Maybe running off wasn't the best idea but Liz didn't like to wait. He got in the car and she drove away, asking a few questions.

***

Ashton (n/a: duuuude)

Ashton got into his house and the smell of alcohol invaded everything. His mother was still on a business trip which meant that his aunt came to take care of Ashton, Lauren and Harry.

He got up the stairs and went to his room, his other brothers were probably in their rooms already. The curly haired boy took off Luke's letter and opened it, reading it carefully.

"Dear Ashton Irwin,

     I actually never wrote a letter before so you're my first. Okay no, that just sounded nasty - what i meant is that you're the first person i write a letter to.
     I don't know what to say because after giving you the note I was lying on the cold hard ground (I know you'll get the reference) and never wrote a letter.
    I like your dimples and I really want to see them more often. Also, nice sweater, that's a nice shade of blue.

I hope you're okay and everything is okay. Have a nice christmas vacation

-Luke xx"

Ashton started crying because no one ever did this for him, let alone someone he liked a lot. He held the letter close to his chest and smiled when he could smell green apples - Luke's smell if you can say that.

"God," he sniffed "I like him so much."

_______
well this was shit

christmas chapter tomorrow!

-ana