Chapter 6 (I love you)

McKinley

Weeks flew by, day by day, each growing stronger and closer to Noah. We officially made "us" a "thing", and we were all the school talked about for days. The "it" couple. Wonderful.

Sixth period, The Commoner, became my favorite class. Normally guys who are writers aren't attractive. I've met plenty in my day, and they're just dorky guys with the talent of writing. Except for Nicholas Sparks.

I finished typing the feature for next months newspaper, and moved on to the pictures. I got up and went over to the yearbook tables. 

"Hello, beautiful." Warm arms embraced me. I smiled, unashamed of this particular writer. He was cute, he was amazing, and he was mine.

"Hello, handsome." I turned around and kissed him.

What I really liked about this class was: the teacher never showed up. We knew what to do. Sixth period equaled break time for Mr. Longsten.

Noah kissed me back, "Mm, let's get this yearbook finished already."

"Okay." I moved aside slightly, still staying close. But not too close. I'm not clingy.

We spent every sixth period like this. No one cared about us anymore. It was old news. They went on with their business and we went on with ours.

After school, Noah usually hangs out in my room (with the door open no thanks to mom). Today, though, we stopped by to meet his Grandfather. After the few months we've been together, he was either working or sleeping or other things that grandpa's do. But today I was meeting the man who raised Noah to be so amazing.

Noah smiled, "Ready?" 

 I nodded, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" 

He opened the white door very similar to mine and called out, "Pops! We're here!"

We walked further into his house, which even smelled similar to mine. Vanilla and pine trees. What a lovely smell.

His grandfather was in the living room, reading the newspaper. Very cliche, but I shrugged it off. He put the newspaper down and deep blue eyes greeted me, "Well hello there!"

Setting down the newspaper, he got up and walked over to me and Noah, hand extended, "I'm Jack Davidson. You must be McKinley. So good to meet you."

His hands were soft, almost feathery-like. I'm not sure why people say "you must be" when they meet people who are obviously the person that "must be." 

I smiled, "Yes. It's good to meet you too." 

"We were just stopping by. You're always so busy, and I wanted McKinley to get a chance to meet you." 

"Well thank you, Noah. Very thoughtful." Jack smiled. His eyes were bright and wise with age, and even though he was just a grandfather, I was jealous of Noah for having a "father" figure in his life.

Noah must have seen it in my eyes, because he placed his hand on my back and led me upstairs, "I'll just give her a tour of the house."

"Sure, sure. I've got a couple of calls to make, so don't be too rambunctious." He winked at us and walked into the study in the next room.

I exhaled, thankful for Noah. Then I laughed, because we had the same builder, so our houses were the exact same. 

Guess the inside is different.

Noah took my hand and led me upstairs, "All the way down the hallway, last door on the right."

"The window that faces our house." I laughed.