Five - Kill Her? Well...

~ PREVIOUSLY ~

The Queen of Alkali, Siaren Bishop-White,

This is your sister (obviously). After the events of last night I went to see the doctor, who informed me of some news. I'm pregnant. Yes, I'm aware you and Kylan didn't approve it, but what are you going to tell people? That you can't even keep me in line? Can't enforce your laws? I'm not getting any younger and you've forbade me to marry. This was my last chance to have an Heir of my own. A purpose of my own. I understand this will take some time, but I have even better news. The doctor says the baby will be born on the Third day of the Sixth month of next year, when I'm writing this being the Twentieth day of the Eleventh month. If I remember correctly (which I do), the Third day of the Sixth month is your and Kylan's seventeenth anniversary. I wonder which event the people will care more about, a Royal birth, or a non important wedding date? So sorry! I can promise it wasn't planned. Anyway, I hope you find some peace in my news.

Sincerely,

-Lady Catalina White  

~ NOW ~

My jaw drops as I read my aunt's letter. I have to show Mother immediately! As I rush out of the room, my guards have to hurry to keep up. So I'll have a new cousin. The twat won't even be an Heir. I shake my head as I run along. It's not the baby I despise, but it's mother. Aunt Catalina would love nothing more than to spring the spotlight on herself, especially on a nice day for Mother and Father. Out of breath, I compose myself as I walk to the door of my parent's chambers, ignoring the servants still in a deep bow.

"What is it?" Mother calls, slightly agitated. "I'm busy!"

"Mother this is urgent!" I call slightly frantically. The door opens, and I see Mother is having tea with Grandmother Promise. Mother's mother lives in the Castle even though she's not royal, because she's an excellent advisor. Regla Promise, as the people call her. She'll be the only one happy with the prospect of a child from Lady Catalina. "This letter was mistakenly delivered to my room, and when I saw it was for you I stopped reading, of course," I lie. "But I still happened to see some words that made me rush here."

Mother takes the letter and beckons me inside. Without speaking, she sits back down next to Grandmother and reads it. Her face is expressionless throughout the whole thing. When she's done reading, Mother folds the letter tightly and puts it in the breast pocket of her flowing gown.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention." Mother nods. "I'll have a talk with Lady Catalina later. On your way out, call for a servant to get her, will you darling?"

"Of course, Mother." I open the door as I call back to Grandmother. "See you later, Grandmother. See you later, Mother." I close the door, and turn to the hall, snapping my fingers. A servant runs forward and drops to his knees in his hurry. The Heir coming out of the King and Queen's chambers? I'm surprised only one servant came.

"Would you tell the Lady Catalina White that the Queen Siaren Bishop needs to see her as quickly as possible? It's urgent."

"Absolutely, Your Highness." He runs off, and I turn to my guards.

"I want lunch. Alert someone." Then, with all the arrogance I can muster, I walk back to my chambers.

Queen Siaren Bishop-White

My stupid sister, ruining everything. She knows how to push my buttons so well... I bet she didn't even want that stupid child. Just wanted to get to me. I have to talk to Kylan, he'll know what to do. But I have to do something, because how DARE Catalina try to undermine my authority! My anger soars the longer I have to wait for her, and Mother leaves because I'm getting so irritable. The people will know Kylan and I would never let Catalina have a child out of wedlock, since Kylan's so big on wedlock and I hate my sister.