Twelve - Kidnapped Prince

Princess Velvet Bishop

"Prepare march." I sit in the Office all by myself very late at night. The whole Castle is quiet, the only noises are the guards changing shifts. I'm overseeing Commander Haile and the Army as they launch the attack on Alkaline. "And... launch."

"Over. Launching march." The recorder that's giving me live coverage of their progress is state of the art, from the minds of the technicians. "Will call with further news soon." Where they are dusk is only now sweeping over the landscape. Now I just have to stay awake.

"My Heir? Is now a good time?" There's a knock at the door. A good distraction.

"Yeah, come in." Formalities are out the door. I sit at the desk in my riding pants and one of Axel's white tie-up shirts, which is quite comfortable. My hair is up in a ponytail, and all my makeup is off. The servant enters, and I immediately recognize him. Finn Black.

"Princess..." He stops in his tracks, and I see he's brought me my coffé. He puts it on the desk, never taking his eyes off of me. "Forgive me, but you look beautiful." Finn was my escort to the Hall Ball, and we've flirted a little bit. I stand up, and walk up close to him.

"Finn, can I ask you something?" I have a theory.

"You know my name? I mean, of course. Anything." He blushes, and I pray the Recorder doesn't go off now.

"What's your middle name?"

"Tuckett."

"Did you write me a letter?" Tuckett starts with a 'T', and I remember I got a Hall Ball letter from a servant who used the alias 'T'.

"Yes." He diverts his eyes, refusing to look at me. I smile. I could kill him, but it's too cute. I walk closer to him, and kiss his cheek. The Recorder starts to beep, and I whisper,

"Stay here."

"Okay."

I sit back down, and look at Fae on the other side. It appears that they've made it to Alkaline, and Fae and her small group are close to where Arium sleeps.

"About to kidnap, over."

"Launch kidnap." I give her the go ahead, and switch my view to the camera of the Second in Command who's about to lead a distraction. "Commander."

"I hear you, awaiting orders, over."

"Launch attack, over."

"Launching attack, over." They start their charge, going into the city of Azbon. Then I silence it and focus back on Finn.

"That's so hot." Finn walks closer to me, and I stand up to meet him. "The way you're handling everything." I miss human touch... And I'm really bored right now...

"You're so hot." I sling my arms around his neck and kiss Finn. He kisses back instantly, putting his hands on my waist. It's a nice, slow kiss, and I don't come up for air until the Recorder goes off again. Then that becomes my sole focus.

"Kidnap successful, I repeat, kidnap successful. Over."

"Congratulations, Commander. I'll meet with him at the Mental Ward tomorrow. Over." I disconnect from her, and return to the Second in Command. "Kidnap successful, retreat. Over."

"My Heir, we've taken the city, over."

"Wow." I'm suddenly at a loss for words. "Stay put, over. Reinforcements will be sent as soon as possible, over."

"Thank you, My Heir, over." I disconnect from the Second in Command, and turn back to Finn again.

"I'm rather tired, Finn. What time is it?"

"About three in the morning, My Heir." I stand, and kiss him, before walking towards the door.

"See you later, Finn. I quite enjoyed your letter, by the way." I wink, and then leave.

Back at my chambers, I feel far from tired. Axel and I canceled our riding plans since I'd have to be up all night anyway, so there's no reason for me not sleep in. So after I get ready for bed I sit down at my desk and reply to Koi's latest letter.

Koi Rooke,

I'd love for you to come by the Castle sometime! The next couple days will probably be quite busy, but I can delegate after that. We could swim, or ride, or even stay in and watch a movie. Jollie and Sayer might hit it off, but Sayer is a little... out of it. I think Father being shot really messed with his poor little heart. I'll have to keep this letter short as it's three in the morning and I haven't slept a wink. (That's what I mean by busy).

Warm Regards,

-Princess Velvet Bishop