The Bright Light and First Curse

"Holy Hades..." I breathed. This lady was my half sister?!? Wow.... Just wow... "What do you mean, 'banished'?" Asha asked. I wanted to know the same thing. "I seemed to have taken too much of a liking to mess with people's heads. I would make them go insane. I can not do that anymore, but I was banished here because of that, but I do get some... Special surprises, shall we say?" She raised an eyebrow.

   "Are you sure you didn't go insane?" Tobias muttered. He seemed to have gotten over the trance. Koli's silver eyes burned with fire. She looked past my head at Tobias. Her eyes narrowed at my bow. "What is that? A gift from our father?" She spat. Alright, now you now I'm protective over my friends. I can take jokes. And can have fun. But no one-and I mean no one- disrespects my father.

   My hands burned and fire erupted in my palms as I clenched them into fists. She looked startled, but held her ground. I glared daggers at her and marched right up to her, saying with each step I took, "Now, we may have some of the same blood, we may be half sisters, and you may have been banished here, but it was for a good reason. You were insane. A psycho even! But you do not, disrespect our father. My father." I glared at her still and I was an inch from her face. The room was silent. Even the servents didn't move or say anything. I then did the unthinkable. I slapped her. Hard. Right across the face.

   There were a few gasps and her cheek was red and burnt. Looks like the flames didn't die down... Oh well. She deserved it.

   I marched right back down to the others and Tobias looked like she was trying hard not to crack up, Asha was smiling holding her hand over her mouth, Leo was snickering, Nico was smirking, and Dakota's face was red from holding in his laughter. "You have no right what so ever to have done that!" Koli shouted. She was struggling standing up properly and her hands were clenched into fists.

   I drew an arrow in the bow and aimed at her. "And you have no right to disrespect Apollo, or any of the gods." Nico said. "Just face it, bringing people into a trap like this is just insane. You may be attractive but it doesn't mean you should trap these people. They might have lives that they want it get back to, dreams they wanted to achieve but never did since you kept them here for Zeus knows how long!" Asha said. "D-don't you dare use their names on Fromilo..." She said hoarsely.

   "Do you fear the gods? Is that why no one did anything when Astrid slapped you? It's because if you or any of them do anything, you'll get punished as well as them. That's why you were such long togas. To hide the scars. They whip your legs and that's what makes you weak. That's why you've been sitting this whole time!" Tobias said. I looked at him. "How'd you know that?"

   "He's the son of Chaos..." Koli growled. "Chaos is the creator of the universe. He would know everything!" I looked back at her. "She can be killed. She has an Achilles heel, a weak spot, somewhere..." Tobias whispered in my ear. I searched everywhere. I eventually found out where it was. She's kept her weight off of her left leg this whole time. "Fine! Shoot me! But you'll be cursed! I'll be sure of it. Two curses!" She said revealing her calf. There were scars all over her legs.

   Two curses. Not good from an insane woman who bathed in the River of Styx to become invincible. I looked at the others. Tobias nodded, Asha shook her head, Nico did nothing, Leo shrugged, and Dakota Nodded. It was an easy choice, whipping around to face Koli I released the arrow and hit her in the calf.

   Koli screamed so loud I'm surprised I wasn't deaf. She seemed to crack and light shine through her. "Run!" Nico shouted. Everyone took off to escape the once beautiful palace that was now crumbling. The servants did nothing but stare at us as we ran. We tumbled down the hill to the shore line. I looked back at the palace and it shine so bright. The bright light... "Get down!" I yelled and hit the ground. The whole island shook as the palace exploded.

   Slowly, I lifted my head from my arms. "Owowowowowowowowo!!!" Dakota groaned holding his hands to his eyes and squirming in the sand. Everyone looked up and saw Dakota. "Dakota! Did you look at the light?" Asha asked trying to move his hands away. "Yes... " He moaned as she removed them. His eyes were glassy and white. "You're... You..." I said not believing it happened. "You're blind, Dakota..." Asha said sadly.