Rain

"ASTRID, WAKE THE HADES UP!!!" Leo yelled jumping on top of me. I groaned and curled up, my knees part way to my chest and my hands gripping my stomach as I laid on my back. I opened my eyes and glared at the Latino boy. "Get. Off. NOW." I growled. He jumped off ninja style,and laughed, "We're going to get some breakfast. Then take a walk around. Tobias said you've always wanted to go here, next to Canada and Italy, so yeah." I stood up and popped my back, stretching my arms. I did have a back cramp.

   "We're all going in our togas." Tobias grinned. I think he was trying to make me happy. But I couldn't... As I walked out the door with everyone else, I made sure I had everything in my bag. We wouldn't know if we would come back or not... As I we walked down the hallways, I noticed that Nico was still wearing the necklace I had given to him. I thought he would have thrown it away. It gave me the tiniest bit of hope...

   We left the motel and went to the same cafe as before. Everyone ate and drank some tea or coffee. I got myself the smallest cup of coffee and drank slowly. We were soon walking around and enjoying everything, being very surprised that no one questioned us about the togas we were wearing. Tobias even bought every single Harry Potter book even though we couldn't read them.

   I saw a lady in an alleyway who looked at me like she wanted to tear me to shreds. I blinked and realized she was a dracanae. "Look out!" I yelped and shot an arrow at her. She disappeared into golden dust. Luckily, no mortals paid any attention to what had happened. I picked the arrow up from the ground and put it in my quiver. I was so glad the mist covered up mortals eyes to see the bow. "That was impressive..." Nico mused. My heart skipped but I still knew he didn't remember me...

   "Let's get back to the motel at six," Tobias suggested. It was one now. We agreed and split. At six, we all gathered up and everybody looked like they had a good time. Dakota was with Tobias, and he had a walking stick which I found great. Tobias had some more food that poked a bit out of his pack. Asha and Leo were messing around tickling each other and giggling, which made me figure they went on a romantic date. And Nico had gone to I think Hot Topic. I didn't even know they had one here. He had gotten a new belt and some converse. Wow... I had just stayed at the library looking at books and reading. I even bought myself a book in Italian. It was a goal of mine to speak Italian.

   We made our way back to the motel and everyone was having fun, pushing each other around and laughing. It was beginning to sprinkle and so we had to hurry. "You guys go on... I'm going to stay out..." I said handing my bag to Tobias. "You sure? It's gonna rain hard." He said. I nodded and they went. I sat on a bench and waited for he rain. I was really surprised that there weren't any monsters coming after us. Soon, I'm sure... It had begun to rain harder and I still sat there. I was soaked, shivering, and crying. I had wanted to cry here in the rain. It hid my tears.

   Crying, I realized, release some of the pain I've been hiding. I stood up but my knees only buckled and I cried harder. "Astrid..." A familiar voice said. I looked up from my hands behind me and saw Nico. "What?" I asked wiping my nose and eyes. "Stand up..." He held an umbrella over the two of us and helped me up. He lifted my face up to his. "Listen, I know you're upset that I don't remember you, but I personally am too. You seem like such an amazing girl that cares for me very much. I'm sorry..." He said, and pressed his lips to mine. My chest exploded and more tears streamed down my face as I kissed back. He pulled away and hugged me, guiding me back to the motel.

   We entered the room and everyone looked at us quietly, but questionably. Nico nor I said anything and I went into the bathroom. The others were just eating some dinner.

   I came back and found everyone passed out. Nico was the only one awake, watching tv. I hugged my arms. I was wearing some jogging pants and a loose shirt Tobias had bought. He had bought everyone some clothes, which I was very thankful for. I'd have to thank him later.

   I walked over to the bed on the ground and Nico cleared his throat. I looked at him and he slowly, hesitantly, patted a spot on the bed beside him. I realized he wanted me to lay with him. Slowly and awkwardly, I laid down beside him. "I'm trying to help..." Nico whispered. Tears formed in my eyes. He actually cared... Slowly, I laid my head onto him and fell asleep.