Chapter One

Starting at a new school was always great for me. Kids staring and whispering about me as I walked into the class made me feel terrific. Not. I always hated whenever my family would move to another town but my parents insisted it would help us out. I never understood what that meant but I figured if it could get them to stop arguing so much, I'd do anything. Sixth grade was supposed to be so much different than fifth grade was, my mom was telling me. It was the first day of school and we were running late, as always. After arriving in front of the school, I quickly hopped out and waved goodbye to my mom. I pulled out my school paper which had been mailed to me the week before. I looked at the room number of my class and managed to find the room pretty easily. I opened the door and every head turned in my direction.

"Hi is this Mrs. Turners room?" I asked, just to be sure. The students continued staring as if i was some three headed monster.

"Yes this is it. You can sit next to Amy while we get started on introductions. Amy raise your hand," Mrs. Turner said while handing out paper. A girl in front of the room raised her hand at me dramatically. "Oh joy, I get to sit next to miss drama queen" I thought with a sigh. I made my way to the front of the room and sat next to the girl.

"I'm Amy. Keep your stuff on your side of the table please or I will tell Mrs. Turner," Amy said firmly. I sat down and couldn't wait for this fun year of school to start.

"Alright class. Introduction time. I passed a bingo name game out to everyone and the first person to complete it, wins a prize. You have twenty minutes," Mrs. Turner said and with that, every student got up. I looked around in a panic. I didn't know any of these students except for wonderful Amy. During my panic, I noticed a girl walking towards me. She was about my height and had her hair in two small braids but that wasn't what caught my attention. She had a small smile on her face and something about her made me trust her.

"Hi I'm Lauren. Lauren Holiday. I was wondering if any of these applied to you," said the girl while handing me her paper. She already had most of the page filled up with other names which surprised me since the activity just started. I quickly signed my name under plays sports and handed the paper back to her.

"Sports player huh. I was looking into playing soccer this year but I'm not really that good. Do you play it?" she asked.

"Yeah I used to play for some little league team. Maybe I can teach you some things," I suggested.

"Sounds good. I need to learn a lot before I even begin to start playing again," said Lauren.

"We'll talk more during lunch. I'm Tobin Heath by the way," I said quickly as the teacher began to collect the papers from everyone. My paper still had no names on it but I wasn't upset. I think I just made my first new friend and that was better than anything.

-----

hope you like it so far and I officially have no idea what to write about for my other tobin book so suggestions would be super nice lmao. thanks for reading

p.s. katie i hope this helps a bit. i love you so so much.