Chapter #11

It is absolutely crazy how much one person can effect you.

Everyone becomes a bloody poet when their heart gets broken.

Yeah you can laugh. I did too. But its true. I started writing poems too no matter how funny it sounds. And then i decided to make a book out of it. It had all my poems, a couple of Ron's letters and stuff like that.

It was almost six months now and the worst part was I was still hurting. When I talked to Nicky she said that it was time it stopped. It was over "six months" already. My mouth ran dry. Out of all people I expected her to understand. All people told me was to move on but nobody knew how to move on.

But after this break up , a very beautiful thing happened. My love for music revived. I indulged myself with my favourite instrument and I became my favourite singer. Singing was something I had always liked and enjoyed but i never really let anyone know about it. It was stupid now that I think of it. Whenever I was asked to sing, I would always shy away. A couple months later , I did my first concert. My very first stage show. It was obviously a flop in my eyes but to my surprise a dozen of my friends arrived. Initially , I had only wanted my squad to turn up but the news spread and the number easily went from a five to a fifteen. I was shell-shocked. So all these fifteen were coming just to see ME ?

I missed Ron. How I wished to see an army jacket screaming my name among my friends. But they did not let me feel low for a long time and I was lucky that I could call them mine.

That night , i slept peacefully. For the first time in so many days.

************

As I was walking towards the bus stop from class with Andrew beside me, he striked up a conversation about a football game that I was least interested in. I just smiled and nodded occassionally. As we waited for a bus, I saw Ron appraoch with Emma. I scoffed in disgust. Then i saw Emma stand on her toes, kiss him softly on his cheek, waving off and walking away.
Andy must have seen this too because he held on tight to my elbow preventing me from walking away.

Anger and embarassment took the better off me. I shook him away roughly, hopped into a cab and rushed home. I never wanted to come out.
"He's mine you bitch ! Leave him alone", I wanted to scream.

Oh darling, if he would have been yours, he would have never left.