Horror Plots

Not mine. I thought I'd get a running theme going, but then the third plot spoiled it, so, here ya go.

The Curse of the Peculiar Knife
Whilst investigating the death of a local author, a smart shopkeeper called Sally Jones uncovers a legend about a supernaturally-cursed, peculiar knife circulating throughout Cornwall. As soon as anyone uses the knife, he or she has exactly 15 days left to live.

The doomed few appear to be ordinary people during day to day life, but when photographed, they look zombified. A marked person feels like an urban monkey to touch.

Sally gets hold of the knife, refusing to believe the superstition. A collage of images flash into her mind: a wide gerbil balancing on a wild author, an old newspaper headline about a bear baiting accident, a hooded goldfish ranting about eyebrows and a drinking well located in a snooty place.

When Sally notices her legs have monkey-like properties, she realises that the curse of the peculiar knife is true and calls in her mother, a psychiatrist called Charity Meadows, to help.

Charity examines the knife and willingly submits herself to the curse. She finds that the same visions flash before his eyes. She finds the wide gerbil balancing on a wild author particularly chilling. She joins the queue for a supernatural death.

Sally and Charity pursue a quest to uncover the meaning of the visions, starting with a search for the hooded goldfish. Will they be able to stop the curse before their time is up?

The Curse of the Tiny Knife
Whilst investigating the death of a local navigator, a daring fishmonger called Mark Greenway uncovers a legend about a supernaturally-cursed, tiny knife circulating throughout Devon. As soon as anyone uses the knife, he or she has exactly 24 days left to live.

The doomed few appear to be ordinary people during day to day life, but when photographed, they look translucent. A marked person feels like a silver ostrich to touch.

Mark gets hold of the knife, refusing to believe the superstition. A collage of images flash into his mind: a brunette fox balancing on a damp navigator, an old newspaper headline about a fang accident, a hooded ostrich ranting about eyebrows and a drinking well located in a chilly place.

When Mark notices his warts have ostrich-like properties, he realises that the curse of the tiny knife is true and calls in his friend, a fishmonger called Luke Willis, to help.

Luke examines the knife and willingly submits himself to the curse. He finds that the same visions flash before his eyes. He finds the brunette fox balancing on a damp navigator particularly chilling. He joins the queue for a supernatural death.

Mark and Luke pursue a quest to uncover the meaning of the visions, starting with a search for the hooded ostrich. Will they be able to stop the curse before their time is up?

The Curse of the Enchanted Teapot
Whilst investigating the death of a local painter, an understanding homemaker called Josh Thornhill uncovers a legend about a supernaturally-cursed, enchanted teapot circulating throughout Africa. As soon as anyone uses the teapot, he or she has exactly 29 days left to live.

The doomed few appear to be ordinary people during day to day life, but when photographed, they look shrunken. A marked person feels like a giant kitten to touch.

Josh gets hold of the teapot, refusing to believe the superstition. A collage of images flash into his mind: a curvaceous kitten balancing on a hot painter, an old newspaper headline about a motor accident, a hooded dog ranting about spots and a drinking well located in a hilly place.

When Josh notices his toenails have kitten-like properties, he realises that the curse of the enchanted teapot is true and calls in his lover, a shopkeeper called Beth Bond, to help.

Beth examines the teapot and willingly submits herself to the curse. She finds that the same visions flash before his eyes. She finds the curvaceous kitten balancing on a hot painter particularly chilling. She joins the queue for a supernatural death.

Josh and Beth pursue a quest to uncover the meaning of the visions, starting with a search for the hooded dog. Will they be able to stop the curse before their time is up?