Chapter Twenty

*Avalon's POV*

"Do you feel any better today?" Luke asked, pulling me closer to him, smiling down at me.

"Yeah, I do." I smiled up at him. "I feel like I can remember things easier and it doesn't hurt as much to think back about Mi--." Suddenly I wasn't there.

I was back in the cellar. I could feel the chains against my wrist, holding me to the wall. I looked up to see Michael standing there, dressed up in a black suit. He had a whip in his hand and he was smiling down at me, an evil smile.

"Michael..." I whispered softly, not sure he could hear me.

"You did something bad Avalon. You disobeyed me again." He said, his voice tight, he started walking towards me, the whip flashing in his hand. I tried to pry on the chains to let myself free but it wasn't working.

"Don't hurt me." I whispered, a tear escaping my eye.

"You deserve it. You disobeyed me."

"Don't hurt me Michael." I said, louder.

Then I saw the whip come flying towards me, hitting me right across my left cheek.

I screamed.

No one would hear me.

I was in darkness.

------

Then I woke up, in Luke's arms.

"I remember." I said quietly.

"What?" Luke asked softly.

I looked up at him and noticed the crowd of people surrounding us. I must have fallen.

"I remember." I said louder, smiling up at him.

He smiled and stood up, pulling me with him. He must of been so caught up in the moment because he kissed me.

Right then, I could feel his warm lips against my own. It was sweet and quick. He pulled away and smiled at me, not aware that the whole facility had just seen us kiss.

"What do you remember?" Luke asked, watching me as I watched him, our eyes never leaving each other's gaze.

"I think this would be a better conversation to have in private." I said quietly, looking at the crowd around us.

His eyes left mine and he seemed to see the crowd for the first time, he nodded and turned to the crowd.

"She's okay, she's fine. Nothing to worry about." Luke announced, taking my arm and pulling me gently out of the crowd.

He walked me back to his room, which was a lot cozier than mine. He sat me down on the bed and sat next to me, his body turned some so he could watch me.

"I remember it all." I started. "I remember every conversation we had, I remember all of your favorite things. I remember meeting your mother. I remember the first time I saw you and I thought you were such a stereotypical rich person, with your grey tailored suit and that dazzling smile. I could see in your eyes you thought I was just another crazy person but I'm not... I'm not crazy." I started to ramble off but I caught myself. "I remember the first time I felt something more for you. We were sitting in the library a couple days after I arrived here and you were reading out of Othello. I could feel my heart beat in my chest hearing you read that to me because your voice was just so perfect for reading Shakespeare.