Chapter 7

My sudden alarm wakes me up.

7am.

For real? It's saturday.

I try to get back to sleep but it ain't working. As I send a text to Jordan I keep my fingers crossed. I don't want to wake him. A sudden vibration shakes me out of my deep thoughts.

"Goodmorning"

I'm kind of shocked. He never answers like this. Would there be something wrong? I hope it's not Mel or something. That would be awful.

I recieve a second text.

"Wanna meet up? Like now? Im already outside."

"Be there in 10"

I rush to my bathroom. Put on jeans and my favorite, oversized sweater and run outside.

He sits at my front porch, facing his back to me.

'Jordan?' my voice too quiet for him to hear so I gave him a supprise-hug. I feel him shiffer.

'Don't ever do that again! I almost had a heart attack!' his laugh is so adorable.

'What's up sexy?' I needed to know.

'It's just... The institute is keeping Mel for 3 more months. I miss her.' He almost starts crying.

I hug him thight. A warm teardrop clenched to my cheeks. I pull away and stroke away the tear.

'It's allright Jordan.' I take his hand and intertwine our fingers. It fits perfectly. I peck him on the cheeks.

'I should get going.' I reminded myself that I needed to go to the hospital.

'Don't leave.' His puppydog eyes are not standable.

'Jordie, I have to be somewhere.'

'Where?'

'Non of your bussiness.'

'Fine.'

He gets up, a bit angrily. I shouldn't have said that. Stupid me. I always ruin things.

•2hours later•

The noise, the smell, the look. I hated every single thing about a hospital. I was alone. Left a note on the kitchen table for my grandma.

I walked towards the counter. A nurse, I guess she was around the age of 50, looked up at me from behind her glasses.

'Can I help you?'

'I'm here for an appointment with docter Walters.'

'Name.'

'Jane Edwards.'

'You're late. Second floor, number 208. He is waiting for you.'

'Thanks.'

Once I was on the second floor I searched for room 208. I've never been there. I've been in others but not in this one. I also never heared of doctor Walters. When I finally found it I knocked on the door.

I heared someone yell that I could come in. And so I did.

'Hello, how can I help you?'

His warm voice made me feel a little bit more comftrable.

'I'm Jane Edwards. Nice to meet you. I made an appointment.'

He looked in his book.

'Ah yes, indeed. Take a seat.'

I sat down and he started looking in some papers. I was guessing it was my file.

'I see. Before we start I want to weigh you.'