Chapter 4

Julianne P.O.V

I'm awoken to the piercing tone of my screams, and my violent shaking, "it was all a Bad dream Julianne" I continue to tell myself, I shift my blurred vision over to the clock on my night stand, Its 8:27. I scope the room searching for Q' and find no sight of him, I grow worried and want to stay in bed and pull the covers over my head until he gets home, but I hear a forceful growl and realize it's my stomach, I try to ignore it but I can't, besides there are two little angels in there, the intolerable movement going on in there seems like they're fighting and their hungry as well, I sing a slight tune, as I make my way to the kitchen, I realize Q' left a note on the refrigerator , I become outraged when reading it, I told him I no longer wanted him to be out on the streets where anything can happen, he is going to be a father, but I can't help but smile because he left a heart and "VII. XVI.∞'' I cook myself some macaroni and cheese and I am satisfied after 3 and a half plates, being pregnant is so embarrassing when you're hungry, especially in public because, you don't want to seem greedy, I treat myself to a fruit punch to go along with my meal, Its 10:57 as I lay in bed and watch "Mama" on Netflix, "Damn, why'd I watch this without Q' here, you're so stupid Julianne!" I curse at myself, because I'm terrified and I have to pee, but I'm afraid of walking to the bathroom in case someone attacks me, after watching movies such as these I make Q' come in there with me, but I guess I'll have to just hold it.

11:59 comes around and Q' is not home yet, he promised he'd be here, he promised! Suddenly, there's a bang on the door, " OPEN UP IT'S THE COPS HOE" I laugh because that's how Sierra gets my attention to come open the door. I open the door leaping into her arms, as Samiyah trails behind her "where is he? Did he call you?" I ask impatiently, "Girl, he is fine, he most likely spending the night at his other girlfriend house, oops, I mean at his mama house." "HIS OTHER WHAT?" I say becoming convulsed, as I stomp my foot onto the ground, roll my head and cross my arms, Sierra just laughs as if it's a joke, "Let's get a move on, Samiyah might be hungry." She says as she packs a few of my things, I don't understand why she just brushed passed it the subject like that, but I don't believe her anyways, so I let it go and we get into the car and drive over to her house, right when I get there I fall asleep with Sammie by my side sucking a pacifier.

*Next Morning*

I rise out of bed to Samiyah crying in her crib and Sierra nowhere to be found. "What mama leaves her baby home; she could have at least warned me!" I say to myself, as I take Sammie out her crib and change her diaper, she is SOAKED, ugh, I promise myself I'm not going to be the type of mother Sierra is, just as I make Sammie breakfast, the door swings open, "JUL'S JUL'S TURN TO THE NEWS, ITS CHANNEL 11," I swiftly turn on the TV, "Breaking News. Here live at the Scene on 23rd Marshall Ave, there has been a devastating shootout, the neighbors called saying they heard gunshots, as we arrived we made way through the door and immediately realized the tragic scene, 3 men were found and pronounced deceased, Two have been identified one by the name of Ja'Kori Carter another by the name of Deandre Ranger, we have an unknown victim who is yet to be identified, that is all we have at this moment. If you have any information please contact 1-800-CrimeTime, to identify the other young man please go to Memorial Hospital."

I begin to feel empty-headed and ready to faint. The tears begin to pour, Ja'Kori was pronounced dead, and how do I cope not knowing if the other unidentified man was Q'. Ja'Kori' son's birthday is tomorrow, my heart feels as though it's been shattered into a million pieces, what if my kids grow up without a father... The tears that I have been fighting began to emit, "Sisi - I - have- to - go- identify- Q'" I say crying hysterically, "Girl quit it with that mess. I'll take you, damn." I hop into the shower and finally feel calm enough to get out.

"I'm here to identify the body found at the crime scene on 23rd Marshall Avenue," my voice begins to crack but I suck it all in and continue saying, "I think it may be my boyfriend." Those words cut deep,that tightening sensation that grips your throat like you have a rope clinging around your neck and your slowly but surely pulling the other end, that feeling you receive when your battling yourself to hold back your tears, so you bite your lip and take a deep breath and "think happy thoughts" , that was not helping.

I followed the man downstairs into the freezer located down in the basement, as he pulled out the slab I held my breath and braced myself for the worst.......... It wasn't him. I begin to cry and let out a sigh of relief.

He's safe and out there somewhere, as long as I know that I will be okay, I think to myself, but my happiness is cut short when Sierra says, "This is his way of dumping your ass, I told you he has a side chick, I bet she pregnant too. Why are you in love without someone who doesn't and probably never did love you, that's unrequited love baby girl."

_______________

Authors Note: I promise it will get More Hype.