Chapter 6

Q's P.O.V

I'm in a deep sleep, when my mother walks into my room and opens my curtains and lets the sunlight shine through, I begin to feel allergic to it,

"MA, CLOSE IT, MY EYES, THEY BUURN" I begin to yell, as I toss around and throw the covers over my head, trying to escape the luminous glow of Mother Nature,

"Boy, Quit that hollerin' a little sunlight never hurt nobody."

"Except vampires" I say with a smirk.

Miss. Kayleen Queen Carter, also known as mama. She is by far the most beautiful 49 year old woman I have ever seen, she has always been the "Top Dog" in the house and that's a position she will always hold, she will always be a Queen to me.

Still tying up my curtains and letting the sun beam into my room, she finally takes a seat at the edge of my bed and begins to speak,

"Q'uetin, as you can see I'm getting old as hell, these muscles don't work like they used to, I'm brittle and weak and can barely walk straight. I am thankful to say I raised you and Kailynn with everything I have in me, I want you and her to be better than I ever was, I wasn't strict cause I hated you two, its cause I was your ages once too, I know it's hard to believe but I was in your position and I knew the outcome, so I stopped the two of you from ending your lives or being put in harm's way. I want you to know that you must treat that lady, Julianne, with the same respect you have for me, and as for your sister, she don't need no man to make her happy, she can do bad all by herself. Listen, good and well, without your father I have been a wreck, but I don't let y'all see the weakness in me, the money you drop off does me justice, but you know I can't stand you risking your life out there on the streets, drug dealing has got to stop, Ja'Kori gone so soon, and you could have been him or you could surely be next find you a job and settle down, boy. You're going to make a mighty fine daddy to the two little ones I heard you're having, congratulations to us both, you're going to be a daddy and I'm going to be a grandmother. Thank you and I love you Q'uetin Devante Carter" She said with a smile that spread from ear to ear, she kissed me on my forehead and told me that breakfast is ready, and that I need to get dressed and come grab a plate.

I walk downstairs and my mom prepared my favorites, Grits, Sausage, Bacon, Eggs, Toast and Lemonade. My mother isn't just beautiful she's also a chef in the kitchen. Kailynn, is at the counter with her new slippers on, while she is watching her Saturday morning cartoons. For the next few months life here, will be just like it used to be, only person missing is my old man, but he honestly, was never here anyways, I ponder about if Julianne is okay and of course my kids, I remember the last time I laid eyes on them, I'd give the world to go back in time and re-think the decision that could have saved my cousins life and the sake of my upcoming family. 'Damn, I fucked up; I'm done with the drug dealing life.

_____________________________________

Authors Note: Comment, Vote, Etc. -annemahri