Chapter 9 (Percy Jackson)

While everyone had a good time questioning The Doctor about time and space, I questioned Grover.

"Dude, why are you so quiet?" I asked him.

He turned to me. "So... many... smells..." he responded.

"What kind of smells?" I questioned. I knew that this school was weird, but I didn't know they had monsters.

"First, a... Cerberus?" he shook his head. "No... that can't be... oh, wait, yeah, that's a Ceberus."

"The animal that GAURDS THE GATES OF HELL is here?" I asked him, mouth open.

"Yep, smells like there's a dead giant snake," Grover said, sniffing the air. "Unicorns, centaurs, dragons, and... uh... a mix of a bird and a lion."

"You mean a hippogriff?" Annabeth asked, sitting down next to me.

"Yeah... I guess," answered Grover. "And the topping on the cake, a giant."

"So... six identified non-human creatures?" I questioned.

"Not counting us, I'm assuming," Grover said, sniffing the air again. "Oh... giant spiders."

Annabeth screamed. "GIANT SPIDERS? I thought spiders were bad enough, but GIANT SPIDERS? What kind of Willy-Wonka school is this?"

A girl with long brown hair sashayed over to us. "Here, this'll help you," she announced over the noise of the common room, tossing us a large book.

"Hogwarts: A History," I read the cover aloud. "Uh... thanks..."

"Don't mention it," she smiled. Then she walked back over to The Doctor and kept on taking notes.

"Okay, let's see what this has in it," Annabeth said.

Sorry this is so short. The next chapter will be better! 😜