Nine: A Nine special

Note: One Shot nine! Welcome to the Nine and Rose special!

When The Doctor said it was going to be so cold, that the rain will start to freeze in her long blonde hair, Rose didn't quite take the statement literally. I mean, who could actually believe a statement that unrealistic explained in a harsh Northern accent by a time-travelling lunatic who wears black leather and has ears the size of Dalek spaceships?

But, when Rose bounded out of the TARDIS she was instantly knocked over by a forceful shove of a sudden wind. Feeling as if her eyes had frozen over, she stumbled blindly back into the TARDIS to find The Doctor leaning against the coral console with his eyebrows raised.

Wordlessly, he shrugged off his leather jacket and wrapped it around Rose. Rose was frozen. From the deathly weather outside yes, but also because The Doctor hadn't mocked her.

The Doctor then took her to the TARDIS' library and promptly left her on the red plush couch, returning seconds later with a deep blue hot water bottle and a book titled 'Swan Song' by Carver Edlund (Kudos for the reference!) plus a bundle of multi-coloured blankets.

"Next time pay attention to what I say, no matter how ridiculous. If I tell you to run, run. If I tell you to hide, hide. If I tell you it's going to be so cold, that the rain will start to freeze in your hair, it will."

And with that he kissed her forehead and smiled goofily, leaving her to read her favourite book and heat back up, which might take a while.