6

Lucas's POV

I watched as Nylah's facial expression change. She sat and stared at me wide eyed. Before I can speak she interrupted.

"Why me?" she softly asked.

"Because ever since a year ago when you first ran into my meeting, I couldn't get you out of my head and als-"

"Is that so?" she smiled.

I chuckled and she got up and sat next to me laying her head on my shoulder.

"Why do your parents think you're lonely and why do they hate you? Before I agree I need to know"

I sighed and rubbed my face feeling my emotions take over.

Nylah's POV

"I didn't always have money. People always think that because I ended up being one of the richest man on earth they think I grew up with a silver spoon up my ass. They swear I'm cocky, arrogant and spend my money on countless things. Never have they ever mentioned in the newspaper or on tv when I gave money to charity or opened orphanages but quick to talk about me being at the club. I grew up with my brother and sister. We never really communicated unless we were trying to get dad to stop hitting my mom or trying to get out of the house to avoid my parents fighting. I used to get beat alot. In my house they showed a lot of favoritism. My brother and twin sister got a lot of things while I didn't unless I needed it. And it was just so hard-"

Lucas stopped and tried to control his emotions. The rest of his words came out in sobs. I pulled him in and rubbed circles on his back consoling him.

"I never really told anybody but my best friend and his family. I don't know why but I feel like I can trust you telling you this"

"You can trust me Lucas. I have my own problems and past issues so I have no right to judge"

"But I mean it-"

"Shhh just lay on my lap and relax" I ran my hands though his soft hair and continued rubbing his back. He stopped sniffing then I felt him relax and heard light snores.

I raised his head and got up fixing him on the couch and left to get a blanket and a pillow.

Lucas's POV

I woke up to the smell of food making me instantly hungry. I got up and walked to the kitchen and yawned loudly.

"Smells good" I sat down on one of the stools and watched Nylah move around the kitchen.

"What are you making?" I asked her. She stopped and turned around facing me.

"Fried chicken, fried shrimp and mac and cheese" she answered. I stared at her for a while til she jumped at me.

"Fuck you looking at?" she muttered and started laughing. I stood up and walked around the island cornering her. She looked up at me and tried to get out my way but I gripped her hips and stared at her.

"What'd you say?" I raised an eyebrow waiting for her to say something smart. She bit her lip and kissed my cheek catching me off guard. I backed up and mushed her face a little and ran out the kitchen.

"Bitch ass" she yelled and I laughed.

"I'll do it" Nylah announced as we ate dinner. I stopped eating and looked at her with a smile forming on my face.

"Really?"

"Yes. I'll do it"

"Thank you" I leaned over the table and pulled her face deeply kissing her. She bit my bottom lip softly and moaned into the kiss. We both pulled away as Nylah blushed and looked down at her food.

I was about to start a conversation when my phone rang.

"I'm sorry I have to take this" I apologized as I looked at my caller ID.

"What?" I answered.

"Lucas?" my sister answered.

"What do you want April?"

"Look I know you hate me but I wanted to meet up. You're my twin brother and I miss you. I want to apologize face to face for letting you get treated the way you did. Please don't hate me" she pleaded.

"Text me a date and address and I'll get back to you" I quickly answered and hung up looking at Nylah as she ate silently.

"So how are we going to pull this off?" Nylah asked staring at me intently.

"Well my plans were to take you out a couple times so the media could catch us then we leave for Virginia on the 22nd.

"What about our engagement? The rings and stuff?"

"You'll see" I smirked and ate the last piece of shrimp. She got up and cleared out plates going to the kitchen. I sneaked a peek at her ass as it jiggled with each step and smiled to myself.

**

Short chapter but I have some more stuff planned and drama is coming :)