25

Lucas POV

I stood outside and took a deep breath. I was trying so hard to please Nylah but she was being so petty. I've been dealing with a lot of anger these past few days and i don't know how to deal with it. I wish Nylah didn't dislike me right now. But dumb Lucas had to fuck it all up.

I walked over to the car and got in waiting for Nylah to come out. Before I can put the key in the ignition I felt an thick piece of material wrap around my neck locking me into a chokehold.

"Stupid bitch" the voice grunted. I fought with all my energy to get his thing off me before he held a cloth to my nose. I felt myself losing consciousness before everything went black.

Nylah's POV

"Lucas I will kill your dumbass pick up the motherfucking phone" I hit end call and resisted the urge to throw my phone out the window.

"He such an asshole. I left him 3 voicemails. Three!! Oliver he's so lucky I even bothered" I sighed and closed my eyes trying to calm down because Lucas had me all the way fucked up.

"Maybe his phone died Ny don't stress yourself out even more" Oliver looked up in the rear view mirror meeting my glare. He chuckled and pulled over in front of Lucas' building.

"Go upstairs and find him if he's not there then we'll check his place"

I rolled my eyes then got out and power walked inside.

"Ma'am wait" I heard one of the receptionist call out as I sped past the desk heading for the elevator.

I heard her yell for security and I slid in the elevator stabbing the number 75 rapidly as I saw security running towards the door.

I sighed in relief as the door closed and took a deep breath. This baby was wearing me out.

After about 5 minutes I heard a ding at the 35 floor then the door opened revealing two guards.

"Come the hell onnnn" I groaned.

"Ms. Daniels?" one guard cocked his head to the side.

"Um uh I guess?"

"Fuck" the other one said, "he's gonna kill us"

"Where's Lucas?" I asked angrily.

"See that's the thing..follow us" he held his arm out guiding me out the elevator and down the hall.

"This is the 35th floor aka security floor and as you know this is one of the most heavily secured building in the city. But today we fucked up. Turns out" he typed in a code then placed his finger on a scanner opening the door revealing a room filled with computers and people running around with folders and files, "turns out that we fucked up. I'm so sorry Ms Daniels we're doing everything we can to find hi-"

"Is that why he wasn't answering his phone?" I asked lowly tears welling up. This was all my fault.

"I'm afraid so ma'am but I assure you we're looking into everything"

"Looking into everything", I chuckled letting the tears fall. I couldn't lose him. Even though I  wasn't feeling him like that right now, I still love his stupid ass and he's the father of my child.

"Who do you think did it?" I asked.

"We have a list of potential suspects. Lucas has a lot of enemies and rivals from other companies. Even people in this very building isn't trustworthy. Lucas is very strong and he'll hold out until we find him"

Lucas POV

I felt the piece of metal crack against my side. I groaned and closed my eyes thinking about how I was going to kill this bitch. I was used to this if we were being honest. I've been in this situation too many times.

People would do the craziest shit to me but I would not utter a fucking word about where my safe was. Not the safe in my place. Not the safe at my company. But the safe that I hid and it had all my secrets, 270 million dollars and a bunch of jewelry that I bought at auctions around the world, stole and collected. Yes it's a big ass safe. That jewelry all together was worth billions. And everyone, literally everyone, was trying to find it. Sadly, nobody but Lucas Daniels knew where it was.

If I die, that safe is in my wife's name. And when we marry, I will tell her everything about it.

But right now, I gotta get the hell out of this place.