Shion

Lights.

Darkness.

The room was a contrast between those too.

He just sat down as he took a swig of his drink. I stayed up on a ceiling ledge as I observed his actions.

He ran down a hand on his red hair as his eyes stared emotionlessly on the stage.

"And now we have the Masked Layer performing for tonight."

What a nice stage name.

Boots cackled on the stage as I fluttered my wings slowly. His eyes widened for a moment but he quickly composed himself.

A girl wearing a mask that covered half of her face stood on the stage. She wore a mini skirt that matched up with her black top and blazer. She wore boots as she gripped her electric guitar.

The same electric guitar in her room.

"Is there a right way for how this goes?" she sang softly

The moment she opened her mouth to sing, I knew who was singing.

Looks like he figured it out as well.

"You've got your friends and you've got your foes. They want a piece of something hot. Forget your name like they forgot." she sang softly

He gazed at her softly, his eyes glistening as he looked at her.

"Oh, ain't that something?

"Some wanna see you crash and burn; and criticize your every word. I'm trying to keep from going insane.
Ain't that the way of this whole damn thing." she sang as her fingers softly pressed on the frets of the guitar

His eyes widened a little at some of the words. He was most likely telling me that he was being struck on the heart.

"Oh, trying to be something more." she sang as she strummed her guitar

"Nobody's gonna love you if you can't display a way to capture this." she sang as her eyes met his

I saw her pupils dilate as she quickly looked at her other audiences.

"Nobody's gonna hold your hand; and guide you through,
no it's up for you to understand." she sang as she closed her eyes

Her emotions were really raw.

"Nobody's gonna feel your pain; when all is done, and it's time for you to walk away." she sang as people started to cheer and clap

"So when you have today, you should say all that you have to say." she sang softly as she plucked the strings

People clapped softly but one person caught my eye.

"Say all that you have to say."

"Is there a right way for being strong? Feels like I'm doing things all wrong."

His mouth fell agape slightly; his red eyes sparkling in the dimly lit room.

"Still I'm here just holding on; confess my heart and forgive my wrongs." she sang with more emotion

I noticed him freeze when his eyes met hers. She smiled slightly at him before averting her gaze away.

He seemed completely lost and confused.

What a blast for Akashi Seijuro.

"Oh, just trying to show you something more." she sang softly, her eyes landing to a particular person in the room

"Nobody's gonna love you if you can't display a way to capture this."

Her voice seemed more angelic than before. The people around her started to clap.

He clapped; but someone else did too.

"Nobody's gonna hold your hand; and guide you through. It's up for you to understand." she sang with full emotion as she played the guitar

"Nobody's gonna feel your pain; when all is done, and it's time for you to walk away." 

Her gaze met his again and this time, he gave her a half-smile.

"When you have today, you should say all that you have to say."

I fluttered my wings as I flew down a little.

"Don't point the blame when you can't find nothing." she sang, her gaze slightly switching to him

"Look to yourself and you might find something."

"It's time that we sorted out. All of the things we complain about." she sang as her fingers landed on the frets swiftly

"So listen close to the sound of your soul. Take back a life we led once before." 

"If it ain't you then who?"

"If it ain't you then who's gonna love you?"

He watched in awe as he had a small smile planted on his face. The crowd clapped and cheered, making her smile.

"Nobody's gonna love you if you can't display a way to capture this."

"Nobody's gonna hold your hand; and guide you through. It's up for you to understand."

Her voice dripped with so much emotion that even his own expressions started to change.

"Nobody's gonna feel your pain; when all is done, and it's time for you to walk away."

They clapped as she perfectly hit the notes. But one person on the side of the stage seemed to clap the loudest.

"When you have today, you should say all that you have to say."

She smiled at him as he returned it as well.

"So when you have today, say all that you have to say."

She smiled at everyone, bowing her head. Everyone cheered, clapped and some even whistled.

She gripped the aster tataricus (shion) flower from her pocket, throwing it to the crowd.

His eyes glistened as he picked up the flower on his table, staring at it with a smile.

"Aster Tataricus symbolizes remembrance."

He quickly looked back up at the stage, seeing that she was already gone after her announcement.

His mouth suddenly dropped as he saw her hugging someone.

His tall figure stood on the side of the stage as his green hair slightly swayed as he hugged her back.

He watched with pure jealousy written on his face, gripping the

Shion.

Song Name: Scene#2 : Roger Rabbit by Sleeping With Sirens