Chapter 15

"FIVE SECONDS" the speaker man announced... 

"Shit" I whispered 

"You'll be fine!" George whispered back, squeezing my hand gently. I couldn't help but notice the tingles that went up my arm at his touch. 

"GET READY" the man shouted through the speakers. Honestly, he wasn't helping much.. 

Suddenly, i felt us jolt forward, and we were off. 

"Oh my god, George I can't do this" I said quietly, as we were going up very slowly. I knew what was coming up. The massive drop, followed by a big loop. 

"Yes you can Lil, just focus on something else. Look how close Lottie and Josh look!" He tried to comfort me, but it wasn't really working. They did look quite close actually, maybe a new relationship is blossoming? 

I was interrupted from my thoughts by George squeezing my hand, warning me that we were close to the top. I feel sick. 

Suddenly, we stopped. Right at the top of the fucking roller coaster, we stopped. 

"George what the hell is going on?" I asked 

"I-I don't know" he stuttered, still holding onto my hand 

"Have we broken down?" lottie turned around to ask us 

"I think so" I whispered 

"Hey Lil it's gonna be okay!" George reassured me 

"Yeah, it's not like the tracks suddenly gonna break and we'll fall to our death is it?" Josh said, his eyes widening when he realised what he just said 

"Josh, that's not fucking helpful." I replied, gripping onto the bar so tightly, my knuckles turned white. 

"Relax Lil, everything's gonna be fine" Lottie gave me a reassuring smile, which didn't help at all. I can understand that they're only trying to help, but I wished they'd just shut up. 

"LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE ARE EXPERIENCING SOME TECHNICAL DIFFICULTIES. PLEASE HOLD TIGHT AND YOU SHOULD BE DOWN IN ABOUT AN HOUR." the man shouted through the speakers 

"An hour. One fucking hour oh my god" I cursed under my breath. George started giggling. "George it's not funny. I'm scared." I tried to say seriously, but his laugh is just contagious. 

"Sorry, it's just your reactions are hilarious!" He replied, still giggling. If I wasn't stuck on a roller coaster at the top of a very high drop, I would have started tickling him by now. But I'm too scared to even turn my head. 

"So, what shall we do to pass the time?" Lottie asked. I could see me and her getting along actually, she seems really nice. Her and josh seem to be getting along well as well! 

"Lets place hide and seek!" Josh suggested 

"Josh, are you actually serious. We're on a bloody roller coaster for gods sake." I replied, giggling at his stupid suggestion. 

"Lets play eye spy!" George said 

"Okay...I spy with my little eye," josh started "something beginning with S S L"  

"What josh that's really hard!" Lottie exclaimed 

"Not really, it's right in front of us" he said. George was frowning, and Lottie had a puzzled look on her face. Me, I was trying to concentrate on not dying.. 

"I give up" George and Lottie said in unison, making us all burst out laughing 

"Really? You guys are really bad at this game. It's literally right in front of you..." Josh gave us a clue.