Chapter Six

We sat in his car, he looked straight ahead not looking at me. I tried to talk to him, but he still didn't say anything. I could see he was holding the steering wheel tightly with both hands. I didn't know if he was anger at what happened earlier or something else. I through it was best to just leave him alone.

"I guess I'll-"

"Why?" he muttered, still not looking at me.

"Why what?"

"Why didn't you defend yourself."

"Pete I..."

"You looked weak, helpless. When we both know thats not who you are."

I sighed, "what did you want me to do kill them!?"

He shook his head, "defend yourself... Instead of just laying there helpless."

"How? If I'm we-"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence" he said sternly.

We just sat there again in complete silence, I didn't know what to say. I didn't even understand why Pete cared so much. I do it admit, I had feelings towards Pete ever since I met him, but I didn't know if he felt the same way.

He sighed heavily, "Did you tell anyone about what happened yesterday?"

"No, I'm not that hopeless."

"Patrick..."

"Your right, I should have done something instead of laying there watching them laughing at me... I guess that's why I love having you around. You show me the way things really are. Teach me Pete how to look at things your way."

He turned and smiled at me, "I love having you around too, and it would be a shame if I left without you."

"Left?"

"I can't stay here after what happened with Jerry... He's not the only one. I need to move on just in case nothing tracks me, but I want you to come with me."

"Go where?"

He shrugged, "Everywhere I guess. Come and travel the world with me Patrick Stump."

"I can't do that."

"Why not, what's holding you back here in Chicago?"

"I don't know, my parents, my city I love it here."

"We'll come back, and your parents don't seem like a good enough reason to stay here."

"Pete I just met you, I'm still seventeen I can just leave like that."

"Well I'm not saying we leave tomorrow, besides isn't your birthday coming up soon. How long until you turn eighteen?"

"About a week."

"See that's perfect, I can wait till then. Patrick I want to be with you and you want to be with me. When I first saw you, I knew you were it but I had to make sure so that's why I wanted you to kill Jerry. I know what you are capable of, and I want to show you. We are not going to get anywhere if you keep hiding behind your parents."

I nodded slowly, "you know when I killed him, it felt right. I don't know I felt alive for the first time. I actually wanted to do it again. I even dreamt about you actually telling how amazing I was... Pretty stupid huh?"

He shook his head, "No, quite the opposite... I feel the same way for you. I need you in my life Patrick. So what do you say?" he got closer to my face our lips almost touching.

"Yes. I want to be with you always."

"Always." he muttered before our lips finally met.