Chapter Twenty

Pete was still bleeding no matter what I  did to make the blood stop it just kept gushing out. His face was pale and his forehead was really sweaty. Yet he still held on to me giving me support wanting to get out of here.

This was it, I knew it was the end. Pete was doing everything he could to get us out of here, but I felt like it was going to be impossible. Everything we have done will be over, but I wouldn't regret a single thing.

"We have the area surrounded, let the people inside go and turn yourselves in!"

I heard sirens all coming for outside of the building. I was spaced out looking at everybody that was on the ground crying in fear.

"We will shoot everyone in here, if you don't let us go right now!" Pete shouted.

He wrapped his arm around my waist, telling me that everything was going to be okay and how we would make it out. I just nodded in response, "I trust you, always."

"Always."

Always was our forever. That was the only word that could never be tainted with blood. The only word that make sense in our messed up word.

"Patrick, I need you to get out of here..."

"No Pete, not without you. Besides there is no way out the place is filled with cops."

"Maybe I can blackmail them into letting you go..."

I didn't want to go, i wanted to stay. The worst part was showing weakness but all of this was my fault. "I'm not going anywhere. If you go down, I'm going with you."

I just held on to him slowly Pete was slipping away from me. It was about an hour before he fell asleep. When he wasn't breathing anymore, when I could no longer see his beautiful smile.

His body no longer warm. I didn't do what was necessary to keep him alive. Instead he just cared about me, I was the selfish one. In the end though Pete went out like he wanted, by my own hand.

I got arrested a little after that. Some cops got in from the back door and caught me off guard. All I wanted to do is stay with him for a little longer. But there was no special treatments for a guy like me.

"Now father, its been an entire year since I been behind bars. As you heard in the news about my trial, I'm being executed today. I think it was lethal injection or the electronic chair... I don't really remember. Either way I'm going to see my husband again."

"Patrick, my son you can still save yourself. Just ask for forgiveness from our lord..."

I shook my head, "No, I can't do that. Pete never asked forgiveness, so I won't. Where ever he is right now I want to go."

"I can't force you into anything, but I will pray for you. I found out what really happened to your friend Joe..."

I smiled, "Yeah, I know. Thanks to Brendon making the call I request. I found out the real truth, something I never would have thought about."

"Pete never killed Joe. He made it all up, but did you ever found out why?" he asked.

"Pete never told me why he lied, but I guess it was because there was no point because after all I killed Jerry for killing my best friend. I killed the guy that took advantage of him. Pete always thought of me and I guess he thought it would be best if I killed him, because of how much I loved Joe."

"Do you think you will see Joe too?"

"Nah, Joe was a good person. He would have never done the things I did."

I talked a little more with Father Matthew before the guards came into the cell. "Stump, it's time for you death sentence."

I smiled, I think it was a good decision the judge made. In or out of the cell I wasn't going to stop the madness Pete provoked me.

"Can you do something for me father, as a last request?"

"Yes of course, what is it?"

"Tell everyone about him, the love story of my American psycho. I want everyone to know about Pete..."

"You know I can't, but I will see to it you last wish comes true."

I smiled and stood up, the guards handcuffed my legs and hands. I walked down the hallway, taking my last steps.

"Pete, your waiting for me now aren't you..."

Another Story Complete! Thnks to all those who read it;)  goodnight.