Chapter Eleven

We left the hotel the next day and took off, out of Chicago. Once we left the city I looked back not knowing when I'd return. Pete placed his hand on my thigh, reassuring me everything was going to be okay.

We were driving for a few hours now I was kinda hungry and wanted something to drink.

"Pete, can we stop somewhere soon?"

"Sure baby. Do you have to go to the restroom or something."

I shook my head, "I'm hungry and want something to drink."

He nodded, "next gas station is about forty minutes away and don't worry about thirst... Look in the back."

I looked behind Pete's seat and found an unopened bottle of Whiskey. I took it along with two plastic cups.

"Open it." He said, "Have a sip, it's really good."

I opened it and smelled it, it didn't really smell pleasant. I shrugged, "Well I guess it's better then nothing."

"That's the spirit."

I poured in a small amount in my cup and drank it. I felt the way it burned my throat as it went down. Pete looked at me and frowned, "hey, where is my cup?"

I shook my head, "I don't think you should be having any."

"Are you kidding? I do this all the time and nothing has ever happened... Just give me some."

I sighed, "fine." I filled up both cups just about the same about before handing him his. He drank it really fast and asked for more.

A few drinks became many. I was really buzzed, Pete was too the way the car was swerving left and right. I think we caused a couple of incidents with the cars that were ahead and behind us. I saw as a car tried to drive to the right lane before crashing into another car.

We were filled with nothing but laughter, it was the hardest I laughed in years.

"Your perfect." Pete said trying to calm down from laughing. "You too" I said back.

He moved the seat a little more back before patting his lap. I unbuckled my seat belt and climbed onto Pete's lap straddling his thighs. I wrapped his arms around his neck and kissed him slowly and sweetly. He put one hand on my waist while the other was still holding the steering wheel.

We both heard cars honking at us I smiled and mimicked the cars, "beep, beep!"

He chuckled, "I like you better sitting here."

I nodded, "me too."

I looked at the empty bottle of Whiskey, "we definitely need to get more."

Pete nodded looking a little more sober. "I agree with you there Mr. Wentz."