Chapter Fourteen

Pete and I spent the night at his house. I told him it would have been better if we left, I told him I didn't mind sleeping in the truck. Being in that house, was affecting him.

He said it was finally the past, and he wanted to show me his room. One thing I loved about Pete was even if he was an adult he still acted like a child. The child he could never be.

I wrapped my arms around him as he slept. Watching the t.v. it was about six in the morning. I've only slept for four hours.

I flipped through the channels trying to find something to watch. I stopped at a station once I saw a pictures on the people we killed in the gas station.

"After a tragic event at a local gas station, with about ten people dead. The police has no leads on who is behind this...but based on how many kills there is more then one accomplice- "

I turned off the t.v. not wanting to hear the rest, they are seriously exaggerating.

Pete sighed softly pressing his nose against my neck. "Guess who's now a wanted couple?"

He chuckled, "hey, they don't know it was us."

"I know... But I still got us into this mess."

He placed a finger on my lips, "No, it was the old hag and her big mouth. She got into something that was none of her business."

I kissed the top of his forehead, "so what do we do now?"

"Nothing. They have no leads for all they know five people could have killed them... There isn't much to worry, now let's go out and get coffee."

I smiled,"I like that plan."

We got out of bed and got ready. To get rid of the body and everything in it. Pete got two red gasoline tanks from the truck. He gave me one and I started in the upstairs rooms. Pete was downstairs and he placed more gasoline on his mother's body then anything else. The last place I did was on the stairs afterwards I threw the tank away and headed towards the door. Pete got a lighter and threw it on the floor, instantly sparking up flames.

We drove off in a hurry, before there was smoke out of the house. Pete gave me a kiss reassuring me everything was going to be okay. I knew it was, at that point I thought that there was nothing that could make Pete and I fall apart.