Chapter Nine

I didn't want to think the worst of Pete, I trusted him. I went downstairs and my parents were talking in the living room until I went down.

"Has anyone came yet?"

My father shook his head, "No, that person isn't here yet. And hopefully they don't show up."

"Oh shut up Dad!"

My mom gasped, "Patrick I don't care if your eighteen. You respect your father and I while your in this house hold!"

I ignored her, and waited for Pete outside. It was still early, but it was becoming late for Pete to arrive. He only said a couple hours... I did know if I showed be worried or not.

I waited a half hour more before I heard a car horn. I looked up to see Pete in a four by four black truck. He got out smiling, "You like it?"

"It's amazing were did you get?"

He chuckled, "let's just say I borrowed it."

I wrapped my arms around him, "I thought you weren't coming back."

"Hey, now I'd be a complete idiot to leave someone like you... I actually want to ask you something, and of course your parents."

I kissed him softly, "then what are we waiting for."

We went back inside the house hand and hand. My parents both stood up from their seats once they saw Pete coming in.

"Who's he?"

"Mom, Dad this is my boyfriend Pete."

"Boyfriend!?" they both yelled.

"Nice to finally meet you both."

They both ignored him and looked at me with, "YOUR GAY!?"

I nodded, "yeah, and I don't see no reason for you both to freak out."

"Patrick it's wrong." my mom said.

"You turned my son into a-"

"Pete didn't do anything dad!... Pete let's just go."

He nodded, "Yeah before I do something I'll regret... But first I have to ask you something here in front of them."

"What is it?"

He got on his knees like a proper gentleman and asked, "Patrick Stump I've only met you a week ago and I know for a fact I'm not going to find someone as amazing as you... And I pretty much suck at doing all this cliché crap, but will you marry me today?"

I chuckled, "Yes!"

He stood up and got a gold band out of his pocket and placed it on my finger. It was engraved saying All Yours Always.

"Patrick, you can't be serious" my mom said.

"Mom and Dad I know you guys don't approve" Pete said, "but I really love Patrick and I'm not a religious person, but if you guys want later on Patrick and I can get married in a church."

"Don't you dare call us that! And Patrick If this is what you want then take your things and leave!" my father yelled.

"I'm sorry you both feel that way... I'll be right back" I said to Pete giving him a kiss on the lips before I went to get my things.

I grabbed my bag and went back downstairs holding Pete's hand once again not saying or looking at my parents one last time.