Chapter 7

As soon as I got out of the hotel, I was mobbed by reporters. "Are you in a relationship with Danny O'Donmoghue?" Seemed to be the question on everybody's minds. I didn't answer. 
"Lacey!" I heard someone else yell, Danny. Just what I need right now. He came over to me and started pulling me through the crowd.
"What do you want?" I asked as he just managed to pull me out of the crowd. I was hurt and I didn't want to see him.
"To explain." Was all he said, looking at the ground.
"You've got 90 seconds." I told him calmly.
"I didn't mean for that to happen, I just...I was drunk. I wanted to stop, God I tried but...I'm sorry. Though it was Jess as well, I wanted to stop but she..." He trailed off but I knew what he meant. "Please come back."
"Danny, I have my exams." I replied I was crying because he didn't realize just how much I'd come to love him over the past few weeks.
"Okay. But please come back for the final?" He requested and I nodded. "C'mere." Danny said, wrapping me in his arms and I burried my head into his well toned chest. "I'm sorry." The Irishman whispered kissing the top of my head. "You'd best go, your train leaves soon, I'll get Mark to drive you." The man offered and I nodded and Mark just appeared out of no where. 
"Seriously?" I asked with a short laugh and the two band members nodded. The ride to the station was silent apart from Mark's inssessant questions about Danny and I.
"Nothing is going on!" I told him for the millionth time and its only been five minutes! Luckily, we were at the station. "Bye Mark see ya Saturday." I said as I got out of the car.
"Laters, Lace!"

The train back home was only a few hours but the time alone made me think about all the bad things, the hurt and the pain that I've been caused. And that's only since The Script turned up at my school. I'm not saying that it's their fault. Apart from just thinking, I revised; my last exams are this week! And listened to music. It's also prom in a few days too. As soon as the train stopped in Sheffield, I pushed through the crowds to the bus stop to get home. 

Once I was home, I switched on the TV, it was on a gossip show. First thing I saw was 'DANNY'S NEW GIRLFRIEND!' in big red letters with a picture of Danny and I behind it. "Not again." I whined, hiding my head in one of the pillows. "Stupid, dumb press."I muttered to myself, getting up to go get in the bath before going to bed; it was already around 9pm.

Oh, we'll remember this night when we're old and gray
Cause in the future these will be the good ol' days
Oh and we're arm in arm as we sing away
In the future this will be the good ol' days

My alarm woke me up at 6:30am, great. I got up and dressed before going down to get some breakfast. It's so weird Sophie and Mason not being here. I've barely thought about them the past few weeks and I know that it sounds bad, but Danny and that have managed to keep them from my mind. But now that they're not here to do that, I cant help but think about my little siblings, oh if they could see me now...I wonder what they'd think of me, would they be happy or would they hate what's been happening, would they hate my decisions?

Once I'd finished getting ready, I began my short journey to school, only needed to get the bus. 
"Lacey!" Mr Lock yelled with a wide grin, he's the head of the year a few years younger than me. But he's funny anyway and we always have a laugh.
"Mr Lock." I replied with a grin just as big.
"So what's this about you and Mr Danny, hmm?" The Head of Year questioned and I blushed.
"I don't know what you're talking about." I answered.
"Haha, very funny. You know, if you don't tell me, Miss Squiral will get it out of you." The man stated with a smirk. And I knew that I had to answer.
"He slept with Jess!" I told him with a frown.
"Uhuh, and how do you feel about that?" He questioned.
"Angry, mad hurt." I told him with a glare.
"Okay. I think you're in love with Danny."
"No!" I denied, crossing my arms. "I gotta go, got an exam."

A few days later...

That's it, my exams are done, finally. I'm free, well apart from college. Anyway, its prom tonight and I cant wait! I have a dress, from Jess...she sent it to me two days ago and I have to admit, if she's tryna get me to forgive her, she's going the right way about it. I swear, I'm in love with the dress. It's dark blue with a few gems around the waist, but not many and its floor length with no sleeves. My hair is in a bun with loose bits curled and my eyes are smokey.

My friends were picking me up at 7:30 and its 7:25 now so not long to wait! We're all performing tonight. Knock! Knock! My friends are here. "Lea!" I greeted as I saw her grinning face.
"Wow...You look gorgeous, Lacey!" She complimented.
"Thanks! You look awesome." I told her as we walked out to the limo. "So where did you get the limo from?" I asked curiously.
"I don't know, it just turned up at my door and it had our names on the rear window." Lea replied.
"Seriously? Who would do that?" I questioned; still, I got in the limo. "So what are we singing?"
"I think we need to do something a bit different..." Luke trailed off.
"Okay, how bout we wing it?" I suggested with a laugh but they all agreed. 

Two Hours later...
So we've been on stage for about an hour and this is our last song. "Okay guys, so this is the last song from us. We wanna dance too, yano!" I told them. "So this song is the most amazing one I've ever heard or played. But we've never played it to you. This is 'Summer of 69' by Bryan Adams." I announced and Luke the others started to play.