Chapter 1.

"GOD DAMN IT, CARTER! I WORK ALL FUCKING DAY WHILE YOU SIT AROUND ON YOUR FAT ASS DOING NOTHING EXCEPT CLEAN A FEW HOTEL ROOMS, AND ALL I ASK FOR IS A NICE HOT MEAL." Kyle's voice grows louder by the minute.

"I thought you liked chick-" I start to defend myself but he quickly cuts me off.

I made my boyfriend, Kyle, Chicken and a rice but apparently he wanted something else.

"YOU THOUGHT I WOULD LIKE THIS SHIT?" He slams the plate down as I flinch instinctively.

"I'm sorry..." I whisper.

"YOU'RE SORRY?" He laughs flatly. His voice laced with anger.

He grabs me up from the chair and pushes me to the ground. My body shaking with fear. I cover my body with my hands as he starts hitting me over and over again.

I use the cover up I keep in my locker at work to conceal the newly fresh bruises on my arm. Kyle freaked out again last night. At least it wasn't my face this time. I was almost out of excuses for always having a black eye. I think, Cheryl, the nice receptionist at work knew something was up but she never said anything. She always brings me in coffee and gives me a ride home when kyle "forgets" to pick me up. She was the only sort of friend that I had, if that's what you want to call her.

"Morning, Sweetie!" Cheryl greets me sweetly.

"Morning." I offer up a small smile back.

"Ready for today?" She asks me as I fix up my cleaning cart.

"What's today?" I furrow my eyebrow in confusion.

"You don't know? Today that famous boy band, New direction is checking in."

"You mean One Direction?" I chuckle at her lack of pop culture.

I didn't listen to their music, mainly because Kyle didn't like anything that wasn't rock or heavy metal, but I've definitely heard of them. How could you not? They were literally everywhere.

"Yeah, them. Its supposed to get crazy. There's already a line of teenagers that stretches three blocks."

"Oh god." I mumble looking out the window at the hundreds of girls waiting outside the hotel.

"Well good luck." I joke as I grab an extra rag and head off to my first room.

Most people would assume that being a maid is a terrible job. It doesn't pay much but I get some much needed time to myself everyday while I clean, which is nice. It's really not all that bad when you think about it.

The majority of the day went by like usual, fast and efficient. Nothing spectacular happening, just a normal work day.

Just as I was finishing up with my final room, I get a page from the front desk telling me to come downstairs immediately. I quickly put my spray bottle down and go see what they needed me for. My heart drops a little when I see Kyle standing in the lobby waiting for me, a pissed off look on his face.

"Hi." I cough to get his attention.

"I can't believe after what you did you have the nerve to just act like everything is fine." He growls.

What did I do this time? I rack my brain trying to remember anything that could set him off but I'm drawing a blank.

"What did I do?" I ask him nervously, really hoping he doesn't cause a scene right now.

"You forgot to pack me a lunch. You made me look like a damn fool in front of all my coworkers." He snaps.

I was too busy focusing on Kyle that I didn't notice all the commotion outside. The crowd went wild as the four guys enter the building, security right behind them.

"I'm- I'm so sorry." I stutter. How could I be so stupid?

"Oh you're sorry?" He spits as he roughly grabs my wrists.

"Ouch- please, not here!" I plead with him quietly, his grip on me growing tighter.

"So you can embarrass me at my job but I'm not allowed to do the same?" He grins sarcastically. "That's not how this works Car."

"Please." I beg with him, tears now pricking down my face.

"HEY, STOP THAT." My head shoots up at the sound of an unfamiliar voice.

"I SAID, STOP." I see a guy around my age come running over to where the argument was unfolding.

"Who the fuck are you? Kyle hisses at the guy, even more mad then before.

"Doesn't matter, let her go." He says with a firm voice. I think he's the first person to ever stand up to him.

"Listen buddy, this is none-" Kyle starts to say something back but he's interrupted.

"No you listen, she's obviously uncomfortable, and I've heard her ask you to stop. So get your hands off of her and leave. Now." His chocolate browns eyes looking into mine for the first time.

"Whatever, carter, we'll finish this at home." Kyle lets me go, making me fall to the ground with a thud.

"Are you okay?" The guy reaches down and helps me up.

"I'm Liam, and you are?" He looks at me intently.

"You really shouldn't have got involved." I mumble as I rustle my uniform, ignoring his question completely.

"He shouldn't have been touching you like that." He whispers so only I could hear.

"That's none of your business." I snap, I knew he was just trying to help, but in reality he just made Kyle even more angry so who knows how has going to act tonight.

Before Liam could respond, someone calls his name. "Liam, come on, lets go."

He shoots me a sympathetic smile before walking back over to three guys, who I recognize right away from the screaming fans around them.

No way.

He's one of the members of One Direction.

Well this day just got a lot more interesting.

A/N: here's the first chapter! Hope you like it! Remember to vote and comment what you think! Xoxo -San!