Chapter 6.

Carter's POV.

I immediately knew who he was. Not only did I recognize him from the hotel a few weeks go, but also from his face being all over the city. You couldn't walk past a magazine without his band being plastered on the front page. He's one fourth of the world biggest band, if you didn't know who he was, then you were clearly living under a rock. What I don't get is why he standing here in my hospital room.

"How are you feeling?" He asks with a gentle tone.

"Fine...uhh, not to be rude of anything but why are you here?" I ask confused.

"Well when they found you the only thing you had with you was my number and your wallet." He informs me sitting in the seat beside my bed.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean for them to call you..." I apologize quickly. This guy is one of the most famous people in the world, surely he has much better things to do then sit in a hospital with some random pathetic girl. I probably made him miss so much already.

"Hey, its fine." He reassures me with a smile.

"Can you believe they only have cranberry muffins? Who eats cranberry muffins anyways? You'd think they have something decent like chocolate chip or blueberry." A thick accent says from the hallway.

"Oh, that's just Niall. He came with me." Liam tells me when he notices my attention shift outside.

"I hope I didn't pull you guys away from anything important." I mumble, not making eye contact with him. It was bad enough he left his busy schedule to come here, now his bandmate too?

"Just a few boring interviews. Nothing important." He chuckles.

"I'm sorry." I apologize again.

"Stop doing that." He stand up and tilts my chin so we're now making eye contact.

"Do what?" I ask, staring into his big brown eyes.

"Saying sorry for everything. You did nothing wrong. You didn't ask me to do anything. I wanted to come, if I didn't want to be here, trust me I wouldn't be. Niall too. We want to help you, okay?" He says seriously. There was something genuine, something so sincere about what he said, I knew he meant every word.

"But you don't know me." I remind him.

That's the hardest thing to comprehend. Why would they want to help some girl they don't even know? Were they doing this for a good publicity stunt? Or were they really just that nice? I want to believe the later, I really do, but actions, as well as looks can be deceiving. I've learned that the hard way. That's why I'm in the predicament I'm in now.

"Because, you need help." He says simply, not even thinking about the answer.

"So?"

"So, I'm going to help you, unless you have someone else you want me to call to help you. I'm not leaving you unless I know you're okay."

"I don't have anyone." I admit shyly. "It's just me....and kyle."

"Well you're not going back there." His lips pressed tight, he was mad, but didn't say anything else.

"I have nowhere else to go."

"We'll figure that out later when the time comes. For now, just focus on getting better, okay?" He grabs my hand and holds it.

"Okay." I nod.

"Sorry to interrupt but I'm starving lad." Niall's blonde head pops in.

"Okay, we'll go get some food." He laughs shaking his head.

"By the way, I'm Niall." The adorable Irish boy waves to me.

"Hi, I'm Carter." I giggle as I wave back.

"Want anything to eat?" Liam asks going over to the door.

"No, not really, thank you though."

"Alright, I'll be back in twenty minutes."

"Okay." I smile.

"Bye, Carter." He turns to exit.

"Wait." I call out.

"Yeah?"

"Thanks for everything, Liam."