Chapter 4.

Liam's POV.

*4 Weeks Later*

"You guys are gonna have to start keeping it low key." The boys and I were in a meeting with management and they were currently yelling at Louis and Harry for being "too close."

My phone stars to vibrate, a number I don't recognize flashing across the screen. I quickly click the ignore button before I got yelled at too. Not even 2 minutes later, the same number appears again, so I do the same thing and reject the call. After the 5th time I was now annoyed. Who the hell is calling me this many times from an unknown number? I swear if Andy or someone is playing a prank on me, I'm gonna be pissed.

"Excuse me." I get up from chair and walk outside, a chorus of "What are you doing?" And "Where are you going?" behind me that I ignore.

"Hello?" I snap into the phone when I'm finally alone.

"Is this Liam Payne?" A formal voice says back, shocking me a little.

"Yes." I say back confused.

"This is Dr. Williams. I'm calling from Mercy Medical Hospital in regard to Carter Reed."

Carter Reed? I don't know a Carter.

"I'm sorry, but I think you have the wrong number, I don't know a Carter Reed." I tell him scratching my head.

"That's odd, your phone number is the only thing on her besides her drivers license."

"My number?"

"Yes, your number was written on the back of a Starbucks receipt in her wallet."

The girl from the hotel. I completely forgot all about her.

"I remember her. Is she okay?" I ask concerned.

"Actually, no." His voice turns serious.

"What's wrong with her?" I'm almost afraid to know the answer.

"Well she was found on the side of the road...beaten, really badly."

"Oh my god." I clutch my mouth.

"She has four broken ribs, thirteen stitches in her lip, and a severe concussion. We  found some internal bleeding so we put her into a medically induced coma for now. We're still running tests and taking some x-rays but she's in pretty bad shape."

"Will...will...she-" My voice shakes as I try to form the words. "Will she make it? Is she going to live?"

"Well, right now its touch and go. She's got about a 50/50 chance."

"Is there anything I can do?" I ask as I hear the door open behind me and Niall walks out.

I hold up a finger to motion for him to hold on.

"Well, since you're the only contact we have for her, would you mind coming down and signing some papers?"

"Sure, I'm in Chicago right now but I'll be on the first plane out so I'll be there sometime tomorrow morning. " I respond before saying goodbye.

"Woah, what's going on?" Niall asks as soon as I hang up.

"Remember that girl I told you guys about after the show in New York? The one that was getting hit on by her boyriend?"

He nods telling me to proceed.

"Apparently they found her and she's in the hospital. It's not good." I run my hands through my hair.

"Wow...what's that got to do with you though lad?"

"Long story, I'll tell you on the way."

"Simon is not going to happy." He shakes his head but doesn't object. I think he knew how serious this was.

We book two tickets for the next flight straight to New York. Niall was coming with me, Louis and Harry would meet us there after they finish with some interviews. Niall was right, management was more than furious but I didn't care.

Most of the time I let them tell me what to do. They already control 95% of my life, this is something I had do, whether they liked it or not.

I just hope it's not too late.

A/N: Short update but I'm gonna be posting another chapter soon so stay tuned. What's everyone think so far? I love hearing your thoughts. Remember to vote if you like it :)