Chapter 5.

Carter's POV.

Have you ever had an out of body experience? Like you can see yourself and everything else going on around you but you can't communicate? Like you're looking at yourself from the outside? You're screaming but nobody hears you.

I watch as the doctors move my limp body, desperately trying to help me. "I got a pulse. Barely but we got her." A man in a white coat yells, someone quickly putting a breathing mask on me.

"WE'RE LOSING HER."

Just like that everything goes black.

My head is throbbing and my mouth is dry, really dry. I need water. I open my heavy eyes, squinting almost immediately from all the lights.

"Oh look who's finally awake!" A woman's voice makes me turn my head to the side.

"Where am I? What's going on?" I ask, rubbing my sore throat.

"Calm down honey, everything is okay now. You're in the hospital." She informs me as she walks over to the side of my bed.

"The hospital?" I try to sit up but I'm so weak my body won't let me.

"Woah, easy there darling." She helps me into a sitting position. "You were found on the side on the road...unconscious and beaten."

"Oh god." My heart begins to pound when the memories come flowing back.

"Do you know what happened to you?"

"My...my b-" I gulp, not able to finish my sentence before my face was covered in salty tears.

"Shhhh...here's some water." She tries to comfort me.

All the events from that night kept replaying in my mind. Kyle got upset with me while we were having dinner at a restaurant because apparently the waiter was flirting with me. I remember him slapping me when we got in the car but after that everything was a blur.

"You were in pretty rough shape there for awhile." Her calming voice snaps me out of my daze.

"Your boyfriend has been here all night writing for you to wake up, let me go get him." She smiles as she walks to the door.

"NO." I almost leap out of the hospital bed.

A jolt of fear shoot through my body at the mention of Kyle.

"No, please..." I sob, her face twisting in confusion.

"Ill be right back, you just relax okay?" She gives me a reassuring smile before walking into the hallway, shutting the door behind her.

I had to get out of here, I couldn't let him see me like this he'd just be even more angry. Who knows what he'll do next. I swing my legs over the side of the bed, a sharp pain pierces into my side. "Ouch." I clutch my ribs.

"WHY MUST YOU ALWAYS FUCKING EMBARRASS ME? YOU MIGHT AS WELL HAVE FUCKED HIM RIGHT ON THE TABLE THE WAY YOU WERE ACTING." Kyle hisses.

"I wasn't-" His hand coming across my face stops me.

"SHUT UP. JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP." He screams.

I start to shake, terror pulsing through every inch of my frail body.

I flinch when the door opens, preparing myself for Kyles wrath. To my surprise though, it wasn't Kyle standing in front of me.

"Liam?"