Chapter 2

Aria

I lie on Kelly’s bed and stare up at the ceiling trying to process the night in my head.

“Why are you still up?” He asked

“Can’t sleep”

“You never sleep… come here”

He started nibbling on my neck, but I push him away

“I can’t right now. Its just a lot on my mind”

“Wanna talk?”

“Well today is my dad’s birthday too”

“Oh… damn wow you guys were born on the same day? That must be hard for you”

“Definitely, every year it is. So this year my mother decides to throw a party to take my mind off of him. How could she do that?”

“I don’t think that was her intension Aria, maybe she as just trying to make you feel better”

“I told her I didn’t want the party why can’t she just respect my wishes?”

“Aria, I think your mom loves you, your father’s death must have weighed heavy on her too, just give her a break”

“Whose side are you on Kel?”

“None, you asked me and I stated my opinion, quite frankly I’m tired, a huge night gone to waste”

“Well sooooorry”

“Whatever, I’m going to sleep”

He rolls over and turns his back to me. Great now my boyfriend is pissed. Insomnia took over so I decide to go off to the kitchen to have some water. I walk into the kitchen and immediately feet goosebumps

“Aria what the hell is wrong with you?”

This is the first time he’s ever scared me…

“Nothing …Patrick”

“What is going on why are you treating your mother this way, and WHY are you at this boy’s house?”

“Kel is my boyfriend dad relax and I don’t wanna talk to Layla, she keeps trying to make me forget about yo…”

“Aria stop the bullshit, you wanna act grown I’m gonna talk to you like you are. Number 1 this “boyfriend” of yours is only gonna hurt you and Number 2 stop disrespecting Layla, she loves you Aria why can’t you see that? You’re blocking out the wrong people in your life. Do you know what Layla has been through for you? Talk to her one day you’ll see”

“Dad I..”

“I’ve been watching you fight her love for years Aria and now I am SICK of it, get your ass home now and go talk to her”

“… no”

“What do you mean no?”

“Dad I can’t…”

“Why not”

“I just can’t… “

“Aria, I’m not giving up on you, but I need to let you see for yourself, goodbye… and oh, happy birthday”

He shakes his head as he disappears into thin air. I can’t help my tears from falling. What did I just do?….

…..

Layla

“Where can she be?”

“She left with her boyfriend”

“I don’t really like that kid…. I just want her home she JUST turned 16”

“I saw a side of her I never saw tonight, it reminded me of the last time I saw Patrick and the crazy argument we had. It was too odd for me”

“They’re like the same person, it is pretty scary sometimes”

“I see..”

“She thinks I don’t love her? Why in the hell would she think that?”

“Because you shower her with everything she wants and all she really wants is Patrick”

“What?”

“Thats what she told me”

“She’s being ridiculous, how on Earth can I bring Patrick back? If I could I definitely would have already, next she’s gonna blame me for his death”

“I wouldn’t put it passed her”

“Call the limo driver I’m gonna go get her NOW”

“Gotcha…”

…….

Aria

Can’t go back to sleep. How can he talk to me like that? I never seen him so angry at me before. I’ve never seen him angry in general. A loud banging on the door interrupts my thoughts.

“What the…”

I check the peep hole and there was my mom and Bryan

“Go away!”

“Aria open this fucking door before I rip it off it’s hinges!!”

And that’s my lovely mother. I knew she was serious, so I opened up

“Yes Layla what is it?”

“Excuse me little girl? Bring your ass home NOW!”

“Oh look whose finally deciding to be a mom”

She gives me a stern look as if she was thinking of what to say next to me

“You truly are your father’s child”

“Well duh..”

“Listen Aria come home it’s not safe for you to be here” Bryan said

“Bryan I can’t go home I…”

Kel came from the room stretching and yawning

“What’s going on?”

“Listen you, I’m here to take my daughter”

“Go ahead take her, sounds like you two really need to talk”

“Really Kelly?”

“Yes Aria… go”

I can’t believe what I’m hearing. I grab my stuff and push pass my mom and Bryan and go out to the car. This couldn’t be happening…