Chapter 12

A week later

Kelly

Before I got the call I already had the horrible feeling in me. I just wish she could've listened. She was gone and I wasn't sure how to feel, but guilt is surely in the mix. I sat on the bed while Aria rubbed my back and told me everything was gonna be okay.

"The last thing I told her was to go overdose so I won't have to see her again"

"Damn...Kel that's harsh, and I'm the mean one"

"I don't know what to feel"

"You're hurt babe its okay, you tried to save her, but she didn't want saving. She's out of her misery now. If she really meant as much as she did to you you'll undersand that."

"I know, but I didn't want it to end like this, not at all... I always thought it would be me... not her"

"Because you made the change Kelly. She didn't. She was in too deep and couldn't escape her demons. I'm sorry for your loss baby..."

...

Its the day of Salisha's funeral and literally all of my old frinds were there. I didn't really wanna speak to anyone, not even her mom and sister. I just wanted to pay my respects and go back home. I didn't even stay for the whole ceremony. I went up to her casket, dropped a single rose by her hand and walked out. The image of her in her casket was burned in my brain. She looked unhappy. I guess Aria was right, she was now out of her misery. Only thing I can do now is pray that she's happier in the next life.

When I got home Averi crawled her little way up to meet me at the door. I picked her up and gave her kisses all over her chubby cheeks

"I don't think you know how happy you make me"

She laughed and grabbed my nose. Aria came from out of the kitchen and gave me a kiss.

"Are you okay?"

"I feel a bit better now. Yea I'm good"

"Aw, I hate seeing you sad"

"I'll get over it... I just need a blunt"

"Thought you quit?"

"Slowed down..."

"Oh well, don't make it much of a habit like before"

"I won't... I just need to relax"

"Hmm alright"

I went into my room where I held my stash, rolled a blunt and went out on my balcony. Intook relief and blew out stress.

...

Layla

I spent half the day lying on the visiting room couch while Bryan sat up with me. He attempted to braid my hair... He sucked haha.

"How are my babies and Kelly?"

"Your girls are good, but one of Kel's friends just died so he's a little shaken up, but he's okay nonetheless"

"Aww, I feel bad for him. I hope he pulls through"

"He will, trust me Kelly is so strong.. He reminds me of you a little."

"Really? ... I haven't gotten the chance to talk to him"

"One day sit and have a chat with him. I'm telling you he's real"

"Hmm I will, definitely"

"Good... So one more week and you're out"

"Yes! I know, so exciting"