Chapter 3

Aria

Back in school and it just felt weird. Everyone was staring at me and whispering about how I ran off at my party. It was annoying I wanted to punch everyone. I grabbed my friend Soraya and we snuck off to the cafeteria , it was empty and no teachers were usually down there.

“So what happened at your party? Why’d you leave?”

“Long story. It was too overwhelming for me you know, with it being my dad’s birthday, my mom forcing her love on me… Just too much”

“Wow… people are saying you spazzed out on your mom and her friend”

“I don’t care what people are saying…”

“So have you told your mom about… “

She was referring to the growing baby in my stomach

“No… I haven’t even told Kel”

“Wow… how far along are you anyway?”

“8 Weeks… I’ll just keep it under wraps until whenever I think its time”

“You think your mom is gonna kill you?”

“Maybe… she had me at 17 so I don’t see room for her to lecture me…”

“Whoa no wonder why she looks so young”

“Yea…I’m pretty scared though”

“I would be too”

“I don’t wanna get an abortion so I guess I have to deal with it”

“How did it happen?”

“Umm sex maybe haha”

“No , well duh, I’m saying didn’t he use protection? Girl you gotta be cautious”

“He did, but it broke…”

“Shit..”

“I know”

The bell rang and Soraya and I headed off for our next class. But my name was being called over the loud speaker.

“What nooow! Ugh Soraya I’ll see you later”

I walked to the office and there was Layla…

“Yes mother?”

“Come on lets go”

“Why?”

“Just come on”

“Whatever”

I got my stuff out of my locker and met her out in the car

“Why are you making me lose my education?”

“Please you cut class anyway, your teachers call me”

I turned away from her and stared out the window

“Still doesn’t answer my question…”

“We need to talk Aria, there’s alot you don’t know”

“Like what?”

“You know, I wanted to wait until you were old enough to discuss this with you, but you’re being so difficult”

“Say what you gotta say Layla”

She shot me a look and continued driving. What was the point of this?

Layla

She’s growing increasingly stubborn, which annoyed me. I didn’t wanna slap the shit outta her, but sometimes she just needed it sooo bad. She acts like I was never her age and never been through crazy shit. We got home and she threw her bag on the counter and started making her way upstairs

“Ay come here!”

“What!!”

“Aria, don’t make me drag you”

“Now you’re threatening me?”

“I wish Patrick was here to see this, his perfect little angel….”

“Shut up! Leave him out of this… you know what that does to me”

She continued walking up the stairs and I heard her door slam. I followed her up the stairs and into her room, there she was with her face buried in the pillow

“You are so much like your father… stubborn as hell, always seeing the wrong sides of situations and always shutting the wrong people out…”

She looked up, and her face was wet with tears.

“…He told me that”

“Huh?”

“Dad… he talks to me sometimes. Last time he was pretty pissed at me though”

“…Oh”

I didn’t know how to feel. This was all new to me

“How often do you guys …talk”

“Whenever really, I have a feeling he won’t visit me for a long time though.”

“Why not?”

“We got into an argument”

“Oh, wow”

“Why did you pick me up early from school?”

“I really want to speak with you. Bryan told me some things”

“Did he now”

“Why do you think that I hate you?”

“…I don’t think that”

“Then what’s the issue”

“You try to turn me away from my dad and I hate it, you give me all these things I don’t ask for in hopes that I’ll forget about Patrick”

“That’s not why I give you everything you want. I can’t turn your mind away from Patrick even if I tried. You’re everything like him. I give you all these things because I want you to be happy. I wanna keep you happy. I love you Aria, I just want you to see that and I wish you could”

“The only thing that will make me happy is having my dad in my life, stop trying to fill his spot with things I don’t care about…”

“Aria thats not…. There’s no getting through to you is there?”

“No not really”

“Fine, I’m done!”

“Done with what?”

“YOU! I’m sick and tired of going out of my way for your happiness and all you’re doing is being an ungrateful little brat!”

“Um excuse me?”

“Aria I’m done with you, I can’t do this anymore…”

“Fine… I’m leaving”

I watched her pack her bags and leave. I really hope she gets what she’s looking for

I went down to my wine cellar and cracked open a bottle of Rosé…

“This shall do me justice….”