CHAPTER 2//Sweet Escape

ANNIE'S POV

It's in the middle of the night and the crybaby Josh is fast asleep as sneek up change to my clothes, tie my combat boots and grab my backpack, I already packed my stuff. I open the window and look at Josh one last time. 

"Bye, Joshie." I whisper and jump out the window, it's the second floor and I dig my nails and feet and glide down the wooden wall until I feel the grass under my feet. I run in the streetlight until I see the city, New Jersey. I see a park bench and I go for 2 hours of sleep. I wake up and continue walk towards the city. I begin to come into Jersey the backstreets with no cars. I see a comicshop and I run towards it. It just opened and I push the door in, a little bell signing that I'm in the shop. I see my favourite Donald Duck comics. I know it's for 9 year olds, but I love it! I walk over to a batman comic and flip trough it, deciding to buy it for the little money I have. I still get some over, phew. 

"What's your name?" The owner raises his eyebrow. Shoot! The police is gonna find me.

"Olivia." I lie, I'm good at lying so he believes it. I smile a little.

"Have a nice day then, Olivia." He tries to smile as I walk out the tiny shop. 

I decide to continue deeper into the city. I see lots of homeless people. I really feel them, maybe I'll become one of them later, if the police doesn't find me. I walk into a starbucks, thirsty for something hot, and I buy, for my last money, a sandwich and a hot cocoa. I walk out and begin to sip heavens liquid. I walk around the city the whole day, looking and exploring. I get really fucking anxious by the dark, like I don't like sleeping on a park bench, everyone could come and kidnap me. I lay down on the bench and try get comfortable. I fall asleep.

I wake up by hands creeping on my body and I scream. I see a old hobo and he instantly puts his dirty hand over my mouth, stopping me from screaming.

"Schh, shut up or I'll hurt your family" he whispers. I bite his hand as hard as I could and he realeases me. "FUCK!! THAT HURT YOU BITCH!!" He yells.

I punch him in the jaw, and hear a satisfying click. I hope I broke it.

"Youwe bitwch." He says, with the broken jaw. He punches me hard in the head. I scream the loudest as I fall and hit my head on the pavement. I see a running figure coming towards me, and I black out.