Chapter 8// Sooner or later...

(10 years later!)

Annie's POV

I can't even believe him. He keeps on drinking even though he knows that mom isn't happy and that the... accident happened. I saw him threathening mom, with a knife. I can't unsee that. I gotta get out here, otherwise it's gonna end like it did with Yolanda.

"Mommy...." I ask.

"LYNNE!!" Dad shouts as he slaps her. "YOU SHOULDN'T BROUGHT HER HOME AGAIN! WE SHOULD HAD KILLED HER ON THE SPOT!"

"Yes Annie?" Mom's trying to sound calm.

"Can we talk private?"

"Okay, come on then." We walk into my room and I close the door.

"Mommy, I can't live like this. I've had enough--"

"I know Annie." She hugs me tightly and then she whispers quietly "Run away, hun."

"Are you okay with that?"

"Yes. I can understand, I want you to. He's gonna hurt you. Run back to that Mike guy."

"Mikey." I smile at the memory of him.

"You go to him tonight, okay. I love you and I wish that your father could say the same."

"It's okay. I'm dissapearing tonight. I love you too, mom. Stay in touch."

And with that I did my ordinary routine of dishwashing, getting punched by dad, brushing my teeth and going to bed. I hear his snores and I get up. My bag is pretty small. I pack my old MCR, NGR and DBC shirts and jump outta the window on the second floor. I've done this earlier, I think as I glide down the wall and run for the city. My first stop is the Graveyard. I see the tombstone with her name on it. Yolanda Smidth. I sigh and touch the tombstone. I slowly leave the graveyard. I run to the apartment to see another name on Mikey's door. Fuck! He has moved. I run for Gerard's house, and I see the door. G. Way it says and I breathe out. I knock on the door.

"Hello??" I hear an old mans voice. 

"Gerard?" I ask. His head popps out.

"Annie!!" He exclaims. "Oh, I'm so happy to see you."

"Where's Mikey??"

"Oh, dear. Come on in and I'll tell ya." He moved and gestures for me to go inside. I do. I remember the house like yesterday. It hasn't changed a bit. I breathe out happily.

"Mikey has moved, to another city. I can drive you there tomorrow." He smiles.

"Thank you, Gerard." I hug him. "You havn't changed a bit."

"Haha, hun. I've changed, I'm not what I was. Now I'm just going on pills. Sucks to be old." He smiles.

"Haha, can I borrow your shower? My old dad didn't let me use his." I ask.

"Of course. You have to tell me about your dad later though." He smiles halfhearted. I nod and run to the bathroom. I take off my clothes and jump into the warm water stream. I wash my hair with Gee's schampoo, so now I smell like him. I jump out and get dressed in my NGR tee and skinny jeans.

"You've grown so much! You're almost as tall as Mikey!" Gerard smirks. "How about your father then?"

"He's abusive as hell, he killed my halfsister Yolanda." I say. He gasps. "I've been living for 10 years in hell."

"Wow, that's not cool. In these year Ray had a heart attack and died seven years ago, Mikey got suicidal, but now he has a fiancé and he's happier. Helena is..." He is deep in his thoughts.

"Maybe I should get some sleep." I say as I go to the guestroom. Tomorrow I'll se my dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up by the sunrays invading the room. This is a really comfy bed, comfier then the one at home. I get dressed in a MCR tee and my black skinny jeans

"Hiya, Annie." Gerard smiles as I walk into the kitchen. I just take a cup of coffee and drink it quickly. 

We get in the car and drive off to Mikey's. I see a big manision.

"Is that really Mikey's house?" I ask in disbelief.

"Yeah. He's changed a little..." Gerard says as he rings the bell on the doorstep.

"Gerard!" Mikey opens the door and hugs his brother. "Who do you have here?"

He doesn't even remember me. It feels like my heart has been stabbed a million times.

"Don't you recognize her?" Gerard asks in disbelief.

"A-Annie? Is it you??" He asks shocked.

"Hello Mikey." I keep my gaze at the floor. I soon feel a pair of arms wrap around me.

"Annie, I missed you." Mikey says. His pokerface is all gone. His eyes are sad. 

"But I'm back."

"Where did you find her?" Mikey asks Gerard.

"I didn't find her, she found me." Gerard explains. "Her dad is abusive and he killed her halfsister. Annie has had it tough these years."

"Annie, doll, I'm so sorry." Mikey apologizes.

"No, it's not you that should apologize, it's me. I should have escaped years ago, but I believed it'd get better. Alcoholics never get better." 

"Gerard was an alcoholic. He made it through. It's just a matter of how much they want to become healthy again." Mikey hugs me. "Now we have to get you inside."

We go inside and sit down on the couch. It's so different. Mikey's small apartment was much comfier.

"Hi sugar, hi Gerard!" I woman comes down the stairs. She's pretty tall, but you get the feeling that she's smooth and flexible. "Who is this?" Her voice is not angry, it's caring.

"This is my lost child. Annie." Mikey explains. The woman get's on her knees and looks me in the eyes.

"Hi Annie. I'm Allison, Mikey's new girlfriend. We're soon getting married." She strokes my leg soothingly.

I just nod. She looks into my eyes and her chocolate brown eyes are so warm and caring. 

"My mom told me to go to you again." I say to Mikey.

"She did?" He questions for himself. "She cares about you, Annie. Otherwise she wouldn't let you go."

"I have no place to stay." I sob. This whole situation feels so pushing. It's no meaning. I'm not wanted anywhere...

"You can stay with us, sweetie." Allison says.

"Really??"

"Really." Mikey confirms. "We'll welcome you like our lost child."

"I am."