A Hard Life

Tatyonia P.O.V
Wassup, y'all I'm Tatyonia and I go to Arena High. I'm a 17 years old light skin girl with long, brown, curly hair that reaches my butt. I stand about 5" 8½. I also have a job at Starbucks. Before I go any further, I want to let y'all know that I'm not fortunate. My mom died when I was 14 and I was then sent to live with my dad. He became addicted to drugs months later because be couldn't take life without my mom. It broke my heart for me to leave both of my parents. I've been on my own from the start. I miss my mom more and more each day. If only I could get her back. I get child support from my dad to help myself to provide needs for myself. My auntie has custody of me.
All she do is give me the food stamps, and my child support money and tell me to go on. I don't even make friends every since my mom died. It's like the floor has fallen below me and I just can't find my way back up. Every since then, I've been told that I'm nothing and I'll always be nothing. Today is the first day of the school year and I'm so not excited because I'm constantly being picked on and called names. I ignore them and don't let it get to me. Anyway, I currently stay in a hotel room. Many people may laugh because I live in a hotel, but I really don't have a choice and it really isn't that bad.
Since I only had an hour to get dressed for me to make it to school on time. I took a fifteen minute shower and put on my undergarments. Then, I sprayed some perfume and put on some coco butter lotion. Maybe this year will be better. I usually design some of my clothes and buy clearance clothes because they're cheaper and still cute to me. I put on a sweatshirt, a tank, a pair of black leggings, and a pair of gray shoes. I put my hair in a messy bun and went on about my business. I did my hygiene and grabbed my iPhone 4 that was my mom's and walked to school. When I got to school, I walked down the hall to go to my locker. As I walked to Algebra Class, I was called names, but I just ignored them. At least it's Friday. It's kind of weird how we start school on a Friday.

Stephen P.O.V
Wassup, my niggas. My name is Wardell, but everyone calls me Stephen. I'm light skin amd 6" 1I live with my mom, dad, sister, and my brother. We just moved here to Atlanta two weeks ago. Today, I'm starting my first day at Arena High. I'm in the 12th grade and I love basketball. I want to someday be in the NBA. Many people say I have a dream life, but I don't think it's true. I'm often stressed out about everything.
I looked at my phone and noticed I had one hour so quickly jumped in the shower. When I got out, I started getting dressed. I put on a pair of Khaki cargo pants, a shirt with a picture of a basketball, and a pair of black & white j's. I grabbed my phone and headed out my bedroom door. Since I have my license, I take my sister and brother to school too. " Y'all betta be standing beside my car when I get outside or y'all gon' get left!" I yelled to my sister and brother. I saw my lil' sister jog passed me followed by my brother who nearly knocked me down.
I dropped my sister off at Arena Middle. She's in the 8th grade, and my brother and I go to the same school cause he's in the 10th grade. Once we arrived at our school, we went into the office to get our schedule and we split up. My first class is Algebra in Room 357. I walked down the hall to my locker and then to my class since the bell had already rung. When I walked in the class, I quickly got stares and everyone looked at me except one girl who seemed to be caught in her thoughts.

Teacher: You must be Wardell?
Stephen: Yes, sir.
Teacher: Do you mind introducing yourself?
Stephen: Not at all. Hey everybody, my name is Wardell, but everyone calls me Stephen. I moved from Ohio about two weeks ago. Basketball is my life. I have a brother and a sister. I think that's all y'all need to know about me right now.
Teacher: My name is Mr. Williams.
Stephen: Where would you like me to sit?
Teacher: Sit right next to Ms.Tatyonia.

He pointed to the only person who didn't look up when I walked in. I heard people say, " He has to sit by Ms.Goodwill" and "He has to sit by a low life freak". I could tell that she was used to it because she didn't say anything. She was just writing something down in a journal or diary. Once I sat down, I began to easily catch on to what Mr. Williams was teaching. I then saw Tatyonia look up every once in a while, but she didn't pay a lot of attention to anyone. I wonder what her deal is. I called her name and she looked at me.