Jealous Part Two

Previously on Struggle is Real.

Tatyonia P.O.V
We leaned and leaned and leaned in til' my phone rung. Damn. I know I said I didn't want to be in a relationship, but I've been feelin' a strong vibe towards August. I decided to answer the phone call. As soon as I got that call, I got worried.
_______________________________________________________________________

Tatyonia: Aug, let's go.
August: Where we goin'?
Tatyonia: Stephen broke his leg so I'm goin' to the hospital to go see what's goin' on. You comin', right?
August: Yeah, whateva.
Tatyonia: You'll get Royalty fa me?
August: Fine.

I drove to the hospital in my car 'cause August was givin' me attitude. Like what did I ever do to you. I decided to just shake it off and move on from that. When I walked in the hospital, we went up to the front desk.

Receptionist: *smacks gum* How can I help chu?
Tatyonia: I need the room number to Wardell Curry's room.
Receptionist: Only family is allowed back there.
Tatyonia: I'm his sister, dis is my husband, and dis our daughter.
Receptionist: Damn. You fine af. You wanna go out some time?
August: Don't chu see me here wit' my beautiful wife and daughter?
Receptionist: You're lost. You could've upgraded.
August: Bitch, please. I would've downgraded from a beautiful girl to a damn dog.

She looked at August in disbelief while I laughed my ass off.

August: Now, can me and my wife get dat room numba now?

She gave to us. I could tell she hated us, but I don't give af what she think of me. Dis bitch had the nerve to call me ugly. At least I don't get my clothes from Goodwill. She lucky she stopped talkin' shit to me 'cause just like August, I always keep my gun on me and I sho' ain't scared to pull da trigger. Try me if you want. Dis good girl gon' bad. Anyways we went to the Stephen's room and I saw him later in bed wit' a cast on his leg and his eyes were closed. Shouldn't he be awake?

Nurse: So you're his sister and brother in law.
Tatyonia: Yeah. Now what's wrong wit' him?
Nurse: Some called the police for us to come pick him up from basketball practice. When we got there, we saw him unconscious on the scene wit' no one around. Anyway, he has a broken leg, cuts and bruises here and there. We put a cast on his leg and bandaged his forehead because he has a preferably big scratch on his forehead.
August: Will he be okay?
Nurse: There's no tellin' if he'll be okay. I'm so sorry.

She left out the room. Royalty was sleep in August's arms. Hours passed by as we waited and waited until he woke up, but he didn't. I got more worried and it's 7:04 P.M now. August was watchin' TV while he held me in his arms wit' a sleepy Royalty in my arms.

August: Maybe we should go home.
Tatyonia: Do you even have faith in him waking up?
August: Damn. It was just a suggestion.
Tatyonia: What kind of friend are you?
August: You really think he would care if I was the one in dat hospital bed?
Tatyonia: I neva thought you'd be so selfish.
August: Imma get home before we start all dis arguin'. I'll holla at cha.

Once August left, I put Royalty down on the chair I was sittin' in. I walked ova to where Stephen was and kneeled down beside the bed. I just poured out my feelings and heart.

" I know that you are gonna be ight because you're strong. I just wanna say thank you. You were a miracle come true when you showed me how to live. You'll be okay. I know we never worked how I planned because we had so much goin' on in our separate lives, but I'll always love you. I think I should start ova. I'll neva forget chu. I'm leaving, Steph, but I'll always remember you. I hope you'll neva forget me either."