The Secret

Tatyonia P.O.V
I woke up in Stephen's bed. This seemed so unreal. Things seem to be moving fast between us. I snapped out of my thoughts when Stephen barged in the door.

S: Hey Sleepy Head.
T: Hey Big Head. Yo' ankle feelin' better?
S: Yep and It's about time you woke up.

I jumped up thinking that his parents are home.

S: What's wrong?
T: Where yo' parents at?
S: About that. My parents just left on a three month vacation like they do every year.
T: They do this every year?
S: Yep.
T: I bet you be missing them like crazy.
S: You have no idea. Oh yeah, me, you, and a couple of my friends going out so Sydel woke me up super early and we went shopping for you.

He handed me the clothes and Sydel has great taste.

S: You like them?
T: I love them and they're just my size.

Sydel barges in the door as soon as I was about to get up and change in the bathroom.

Sydel: T, can I get you help me with something?
Steph: You know I'm your brother, you could've just asked me.
Sydel: This is a sister to sister type thing.
T       : Sure, what you need?
Sydel: Well, I'm going on a date with this boy and I don't have a clue to what boys like as far as makeup, hair, and clothes.
T       : Sorry, but I think you're asking the wrong girl.
Steph: Sydel, give us two minutes and she'll be down there.

Sydel then left out the room with a smile in her face.

Steph: Why do you underestimate yourself like this? You got what it takes. You're like the big sister that Sydel always wanted.
T       : Really?
Steph: Yeah.
T       : Okay I'll do it.
Steph: I owe you one.

I left out the room and into Sydel's room.

T: You ready to get started?
S: Yep.
T: First let's start with makeup. Just close your eyes and tell me about this boy.
S: Thanks for doing this T. I've always wanted a big sister who treats me like you do.
T: No problem. Now talk.
S: Okay. His name is Michael and he's the sweetest guy ever. Me and this girl named Mackenzie always got into it. He'd always back me up and he just holds me down if you know what I mean. Just like how Stephen holds you down.
T: You realize Stephen and I aren't a couple.
S: Well not yet. It's only a matter of time.
T: We'll see about that. Turn your head to the left so I can curl your hair.

After about 15 minutes, I finished Sydel's hair and makeup. I looked in her closet and found a pretty floral sun dress, a pair of gold sandals, and a cute clutch to go with it. Once she put it on, she looked in the mirror in amazement. Her hair was in loose curls and her hair stopped down her back. I gave her a natural make up look.

T: You like it?
S: No, I love it. You're the best big sister ever.
T: Thank you.
S: Steph, come look.

     He came in the door and gave her compliments. After ten minutes of doing nothing but telling Sydel some tips, her lil' boyfriend's mom came to pick her up so they can go to the movies. After she left, I started to get ready to leave with Steph and his friends. I put on my timberlands, a pair of black jeans, a white tank, and a red, plaid button down shirt. To top it off I put on the red beanie that they bought me. I looked in the mirror and my curls still looked good so I just sprayed my hair down with the hair spray that I carry in my purse.
     Once I was done, I walked downstairs to see Stephen, two other guys, and two girls. Everyone stopped talking once they saw me. Stephen then jumped up and walked towards me and put his arm around my waist.

S: Y'all this is Tatyonia. T, this is Kayla, Mary, August, and Chris.
T: Wassup, everybody?
M: So you new in town?
S: Yeah, she's new.
K: I didn't expect you to come from upstairs.
S: She just slept over my house cause I hurt my ankle yesterday so I couldn't drive her home.
C: You stay on this side of town?
S: She actually stays on the other side of town.
A: Damn Nigga you gon' ever let her answer a question?

Stephen P.O.V
She laughed. For some reason I feel that I'm supposed to protect her from the world. You're probably thinking that I'm catching feelings for a girl that I just met yesterday. She's everything I want in a girl. Anyway, we all got in my Range Rover and I drove to the mall. Once we walked in, we dodged stares from several bitches and niggas and we all went to the food court. Once we ordered our food, we just talked.

M: Y'all make a great couple.
T: We're not together.
S: Yeah. She's beautiful, but she's like my sister.
C: So where you from?
T: Actually I was raised and grew up here in Atlanta.
K: What school you go to?
T: Arena High.
K: So do we. How come I haven't seen you around school?
T: I'm pretty sure you have, but you don't even know it.
A: You do look quite familiar. You remind me of that poor girl who goes to our school and who gets picked on, but you look way better.
C: Yeah I remember this one time when she came to school in these off brand shoes and clothes.
T: Stephen, I'm ready to go.
M: Did we say somethin' wrong?
T: I'm the girl who wore those off brand shoes. Welcome to reality.
C: I'm so sorry.
S: Y'all need to chill out. It's hard enough for her to go to school without any family or friends to comfort her. She has to make it out here on her own in this cold ass world so show some damn respect.
A: I'm sorry T. I shouldn't have disrespected you in the way I did. I know how it is grinding each and everyday. I do it all the time.
C: Me too. How come you never dress like this to school though?
T: Because I was never supported and felt worth something until I met my brother and best friend.
M: Think of a new look as finding the true you. I got an idea. We're gonna help you get on your feet.
K: She's right. We can help you find a decent apartment, get a makeover, and become stable.
T: Mary, you have a wonderful idea, but where are we going to find the money and who's gonna help me?
A: We're gonna help you. You're family.
S: And I can even help you out with the money because you can save up the money that you make at your job because you can stay at my house for the three months that my parents are gone. I can also give you some money because my parents always leaves us a lot of money when they leave.
T: Y'all really think we can pull this off?
C: Of course. Like A said, we're you're family. Family does look out for each other, right?
T: Yeah.
M: What's some of your favorite sports so we can get you active social wise?
T: I like playing basketball, dance, and cheer. I can sing too even though that's not a sport.

Tatyonia PO.V
Everybody was looking at me with smiles on their faces.

S: Basketball? I gotcha.
M: Singing? I gotcha.
C: Dance? Me and Kayla (Tootie) gotcha.
A: Well I can give you some boxing and fighting lessons.
T: Okay.
M: Should we tell her?
S: I think it's best if we tell her now than later.
T: Tell me what?
S: There's something that we've been hiding from you.
_______________________________________________________________________

Stephen going off on them. She got some loyal ass friends or should I say family.

What do they have to tell Tatyonia?

Read the next chapter to find out.

Don't forget to comment and vote. Don't be a ghost reader.