Calm Down

Previously on The Struggle is Real

M: Should we tell her?
S: I think it's best if we tell hr now than later
T: Tell me what?
S: There's something we've been hiding from you.
_______________________________________________________________________

Tatyonia P.O.V
When Mary and Stephen started mentioning a secret, I instantly got nervous. You never know what a person is going to tell you these days rather you've known them for a couple of days or five years. Hopefully it isn't anything bad cause I'm already going through enough. Then Stephen looked around I'm guessing to make sure no one hears. Please be something good.

S: We're in a gang.
T: Will y'all excuse me for a second, I have to use the restroom?

I got up from the table with tears streaming down my face. Out of all things that they could've told me, they told me this. It seems like everytime I find sunshine in my life, a thunderstorm always comes back and strikes me.

Stephen P.O.V
I slick knew I shouldn't have told her but I know that it's better for me to tell her now than for her to be mad later. I feel extremely bad for making her cry.

S: I knew I shouldn't have told her.
A: Stephen, she was gonna find out anyway.
C: He's right.
S: Maybe we should just quit this gang stuff.
A: You know we all need the money except fa you. Let's keep doing this for two more months.
C: He right. We just need 60 days and we'll stop.
J: We got the talent to be something much more than this, but we gotta embrace them.
M: And how are we gonna do that?

We all started thinking hard until Chris came up with a great idea.

C: Well there's gonna be a talent show in exactly seven weeks. Y'all already know that our school has students full of talent so we gotta be on our A game.
A: With all our talents combined, we can come up with a bomb ass routine.
S: What are we gonna do for protection though?
M: Let's move in together. Since we did promise T a house, me and Tootie can move in with her so she'll be safe.
C: Why we can't move in?
M: Because y'all basically the faces of the gang.
J: I found one.
S: Y'all check out some houses while I go check on T.

Stephen P.O.V
I walk to the nearest bathroom and hear someone crying softly. I knew that was T.

S: T, open the door.

I then heard the locks being unlocked. She went back to crying in a corner. I sat down beside her and held her in my arms.

S: T, what's wrong?
T: You're in a gang.
S: Baby, a gang isn't as bad as you think it is.
T: Yes it is. It isn't safe.
S: I've been doing this for about a year now and if they wanted to hurt me, they would've done it by now.
T: My brother was in a gang before they kidnapped him, and we never saw him again.
S: You really think I'd let someone hurt you?

She looked up at me with hurt in her eyes. I helped her up and I led her towards the mirror.

S: You wanna know what I do when I'm sad?
T: Yeah.
S: I look in the mirror and think about all the good in my life and what made me the hard working and intelligent guy I am today.
T: There's nothing good about my life.
S: Yes there is. You became an independent, hard working young woman because of all your struggles.

She turned around to face we started to lean in and soon I felt our lips meet. We kissed for about a minute until we both pulled away. I really felt this spark, but maybe she didn't feel it.

S: I'll always protect you. No matter what. You don't even have to be in the gang if you don't want to. So what do you say?
T: Give me some time to think about it.
S: ight. Let's go before the crew leave us.